TTC with long, irregular cycles.

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
I'm trying to conceive #2!
I fell pregnant in December, but unfortunately started bleeding a few days after my positive tests and it was over..
I've still not had a proper period since then, just 3 weeks of spotting last month. My periods are very irregular and long cycles, and always have been. I went to my doctor, who basically told me to come back when we'd been trying for a year if I still wasn't pregnant. She did a blood test to check my thyroid but that came back fine.
Anybody else TTC with irregular cycles? We were NTNP for my daughter and it did take about a year, I just wish I had normal cycles and could pinpoint ovulation etc etc. It is so frustrating :(

Hi there!

I'm trying with #2 as well.

My cycle lengths have been like this (since July 2013 when I came off the pill):

I'm currently on day 39.

Since having Alex in 2010, I have zero symptoms that my period is coming, but my boobs are extremely sore and I’ve had flutterings in my tummy, so I was absolutely convinced that I was pregnant. I did a test on Friday (day 34) which came back as a BFN.

I hate that I really don't know when my AF is truly due (I’m a secretary and like order and organisation!!). I have just bought a thermometer as I'm going to have to start temping to be vaguely accurate as to when I will ovulate. I did go to the doctor 2 days before I got my AF on the 50 day cycle as I've never been that late before. She said nothing to worry about: just have sex 2-3 times a week and you'll be fine - go back in 3 months if nothing's happened.

With my first pregnancy, my cycle was always 35 days and I happened to input some dates into an online calculator and it said I was fertile that day. We had sex twice over two days and I fell pregnant the first time. I was just thinking that I'd be able to plan it the same way I guess!

This has been the first month of trying though and I was judging ovulation mainly by my CM. If I still don’t get AF by Friday (Day 41), then I will test again. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->