TTC with PCOS newbie, tips and advice?

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
Hiya, were technically still WTT but as I have PCOS I'm doing anything I can to help get my hormones under control. I'm currently on 1000mg metformin, 1000mg agnus castus, 400ug folic acid a day. Not had AF since coming off BCP in May, but only started metformin last week so fingers crossed she shows up. Looking for PCOS buddies for advice and people to share the journey with x

I also have PCOS, and I've been able to get pregnant twice. The first ended in the still birth of our son at 39 weeks when I was induced. It was a fluke accident and nothing PCOS related. My second time, we were blessed with a healthy little boy. :)

The first time, I didn't take anything. I did some research, started eating low carb and cut down on my caffeine, and got a surprise BFP after I lost 20 pounds.

The second time, I low carb'ed to lose my baby weight (I had gained 40 pounds with my pregnancy.), and we ended up using Clomid. The third round was successful.

Now that we are considering our third and final child, I' ve been eating a low carb diet to try to lose some weight. I take Metformin ER 500 mg daily. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN next month to discuss TTC and get the okay, as I had 2 C-sections in 15 months (the first emergency and the second planned). She told me I had to wait a year, which is fine. I'm thinking we will continue with the Metformin, maybe even increase it, and try without Clomid for awhile .I don't ovulate or ovulate well on my own. I ovulate very late, too, even on Clomid. A few things that I have read, and I'm open to advice too:

-Green Tea boosts fertility. (It's actually pretty good if you've never tried it!)
-Losing weight helps if you have weight to lose, and gaining helps if you're under weight.
-Walnuts and flax seed provide more Omega 3's which is helpful (I eat them in my Dannon Light'N Fit Greek Yogurt and add raspberries. Very filling and good!)

I personally get a little leery of taking lots of supplements and herbs, but that's just me. I have high blood pressure so I have to be careful of those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->