Ttcer and looking for info on water births??

mrs n

Reaction score
Hi I'm ttc my 2nd,afte a horrible birth which ended in epi and forceps I have already been thinking about birth possibilities and know this time I won't be letting them scare me and push me into things I don't want,can anyone give me some info as to how it is,pain relief etc?? Tia x

I only laboured in water with DS as I stopped progressing and had to have ventouse but while I was in there it was fab. The water is pain relief in itself and it helped a lot, you can also have gas and air

I too had forceps with my first DD1, and had a successful water birth with DD2 4 weeks ago. It was a truly amazing experience. I stayed at home as long as I could manage - used tens machine, went for a walk and had about 5 baths! Got to hospital at 1530 and was 6cm. Got in the water at 4pm and it was like an immediate pain relief. Was so relaxing. DD was born 43 minutes later. I felt much more in control this time and it was such a surreal experience. I just let my body take over. I did a hypnobirthing course this time - would highly recommend - I didn't fear going into labour at all this time. It taught me how to breathe properly, how to relax and to question things the midwives were saying if I didn't feel comfortable with it. I actually enjoyed it! Good luck. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->