TTv your second child, does it take longer?

Meganmae

Reaction score
Im ttc my 2nd at the min I'm on cycle 3 at the min and I'm out this month :growlmad:. my first took 2 cycles which was great, I had a c section due to placenta preavia . I know I'm being daft but I keep thinking what if something happened during that so I can't concieve again. does anyone have any expierience if getting pregnant after a c section . just need a bit to reassurance x

I am trying for number 2 too. First was conceived fairly easily and born by emergency c section due to placenta abruption. I have now been ttc number 2 for two years now so certainly taking me longer, although I have had one mmc... best if luck hun xx

My first was conceived in the first month trying. Vaginal deliver everything went great. I am now on month 7 ttc #2 with a chemical pregnancy last month. Definitely seems like it's taking longer for me as well.

Hi there I think I will join you ladies as I'm interested to hear people's thoughts. I'm on cycle 1 of TTC #2 my little boy was born by c section also because of placenta previa and I have the same worry. How have your cycles been since having the section? And how old is your first LO? My first took me 9months to fall pregnant with but I have irregular cycles. Dd

Hopefully I will give you all some hope. It took me 3 years to conceive my first (pcos) . I also had a c section.

I am now pregnant with number 2, we only properly tried for 4 cycles (opks and temping). So there is hope!

now on cycle 5 and doing the velar blue trial, now 2 days past ovulation so just gotta wait :wacko:

9months TTC 😢
I had a failed placenta delivery and had to have it manually removed, and had to get a D&C after birth, I too am worried they done damage and that's why its not happening

yeh I have that worry in the back of mind , however rare it may be , it does niggle at you x

I conceived both of my boys first cycle. Baby#3 is taking a bit longer.

Baby number one was a "surprise." We were ntnp and I wasn't keeping track of anything (including my periods. Something I'll never forget to keep track of again!) We were trying with baby number two for about six months but that was between a deployment and nursing baby number one. Started trying for baby number three in January of this year but that failed in March so we took a break and started ntnp again last month. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. I've got a serious case of baby fever! :)

I didn't have a c-section with my first (conceived first cycle trying though), but we are on cycle 3 ttc our second (4 months because I have extra long/irregular cycles), so definitely taking us longer.

Currently on cycle # 2 of TTC (no temping or OPK stuff tho), and I have a 33 month old at home.

Hooooping this doesn't take a long time for us, #1 was unexpected but #2 is planned and wanted like... now. hahah

My first was a surprise baby a month after my ex and I started dating. My second was conceived my first month off birth control. My third took quite a bit longer...13 months.

I didn't have a c-section for any of them though and my doctor suspects I have endo, which could explain why it took so long to conceive my third. I'm NTNP for #4 now (and my OH's 1st) so hoping it doesn't take as long as it did with my youngest. :flower:

It took us 5 months of trying with my son, he was delivered by emergency section at 36 weeks.

It then took us 10 months TTC'ing our 2nd which I miscarried at 8 weeks. We did NTNP for the next 12 months after that and have now been properly TTC'ing for a just over year so i suppose you could say its taken us over 2 years to try again.

I also have endo and have had 2 ablations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->