Tuberous Hypoplasia

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
I tried posting this on the third trimester board I'm on, but no comments so far. So I figured I'd try here!

I was just wondering if there was any other mothers or expectant mothers on here who have Tuberous Hypoplasia(tubular breast deformity) I have it. I had an augmentation about a year before my DS was born to correct the malformation(implant under the muscle) I have heard a lot of stories of women that have this that cannot breastfeed. I had issues breastfeeding with my DS and eventually had to switch to formula after about 6 weeks. I never could produce enough milk, even with trying to pump between feedings to encourage production, and eventually dried up. DS also tore up my nipples trying to feed. I tried working with a breastfeeding counselor multiple times, but it just ended up not working. I'm going to try again with DD.
I wanted to see if anyone else has this, and if you had issues breastfeeding with your current or previous baby. Maybe some tips if you've found something that has helped you breastfeed. Or if there is anyone that just wants to talk about it and maybe find out more..

Hi sorry I have no experience of this but I do have implants under the muscle and they havnt affected my bfing at all if that helps!
I also found this if it helps any, looks like it might be a bit easier second time round:
Increased stimulation like breastfeeding on demand and pumping in-between feedings.

- Ask your doctor about natural progesterone during your pregnancy. Progesterone will stimulate the growth of glandular tissue during pregnancy.

- Try natural herbs or other galactagogues for increasing milk supply.

- Try breast massage for extra stimulation.

- Use a supplementary feeding device so that you can breastfeed while baby is receiving donor milk / formula. This will stimulate your breasts while your baby is feeding.

- Women with tubular breasts, have been found to produce more milk with their second or third pregnancies because of the hormones produced with each that increase growth of milk glands.

Thanks! That does help. I actually had never heard that women with it could produce more the second time around. I hope that's true! I would love to be able to breastfeed this LO.

Really hope it works out for u this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->