Tummy aches and inflamed bowel

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
Ive had a constant dull ache/period type pain for the past few days. Had a private scan this morning and the woman couldnt see anything except for my bowel, which she said was 'massively inflamed'. Now im worried as i had a twisted bowel when i was 11. She ended up doing an internal scan and baby is fine, nice strong heartbeat. Been to a&e and they didnt seem too bothered, just said come back if the pain gets worse or i get bleeding. Has anyone else experienced this?! :(

Try not to worry. If your bowel was to twist you would be in a great deal of pain, have vomiting/nausea, and a largely swollen Tummy. Most likely you'd have not had a bowel movement or passed wind for awhile either. So you'd defo know. And if it where to happen it can be fairly easily fixed with a decompression procedure in most cases that doesn't require surgery. Inflamed bowel is more likely caused by a bug, but other causes can be inflammatory bowel diseased, or diverticulitis- but those would both cause Diarhoea and probably bleeding from the back passage (hence them saying to watch out for bleeding). You would also be in severe pain- I'm talking needing strong pain meds pain. So my guess is that you've maybe had a wee virus or eaten something that's disagreed with u. Hormones can also cause a big of irritable bowel in pregnancy (I'm experiencing this myself just now!). Hope u feel better soon xxx

Thanks for taking the time to reply ☺️ I sure hope its a temporary thing, i was sick twice this morning but im guessing thats pregnancy related. First time ive been sick so far though. Hot water bottle is my best friend atm lol

Aw what a shame! It's terrible not feeling well. Hopefully it passes quick and it's nothing serious. Plenty rest and fluids for you! Maybe go back to your doc of nots not passed in the next few days xxx

Thanks ☺️ Luckily i have the week off work so can rest a bit, hope your ibs improves too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->