Tummy Time

candeur

Reaction score
I didn't even know the importance of tummy time until quite recently, so have been trying to get Seren to go on her tummy alot more, but she HATES it, and I mean truely hates it! She screams the house down, I've tried distracting her with toys and even lying down next to her, but can't calm her down, I've tried leaving her cry, but she just falls asleep and wakes up screaming again. I don't want her to not get this time it affect her development. Has anyone had the same problem and can help with a solution? Thanks x

Don't worry, it won't affect her development. In a few months she will grow more acostumed to it, maybe you can lay her down on her tummy mat just a couple of times in the day (doesn't have to be for long) and she will start getting used to it gradually.
My daughter really likes looking at the mirroe, it distracts her and entertains her.
xxx

Like Niky says....a little bit at a time to get her used to it.....Maley was the same with the bumbo...hated sitting up and always wanted to lay down....but she got used to it...2 minutes in the bumbo turned to 5, then to 7 then to 10 and so on...also...when Maley gets out the bath and im moiturising her, i put her on her belly and rub her back, legs and bum and she loves it...used to cry at first but i ignored it as i needed to cream her but now she loves it....also....try putting her on her tummy on you when you lay on the bed or sofa...

Try doing it at the time of day she's happiest, for Hannah that was in the morning. We also found that buying a tummy time pillow really helped. She only used it for a few weeks but it was well worth the money in my opinion

Kathryn doesn't really like being on the floor on her tummy very much, but she'll stand it for 5-10 min now. Since she wont stay long, I just do it more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->