Tummy Time

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
Ok, I confess that Bren does not have tummy time. He always starts crying when I put him down on his tummy. Any suggestions?

Put him up on a Boppy, so he's angled and doesnt feel smothered, like they would if they were laying down flat . The pic in my avatar is Keira posing on the Boppy. She loves it!

Actually your pic is what prompted this thread. I thought, 'oh shit, Bren is just a day younger and he can't do that because I don't do tummy time, I am a bad mommy!' :)

Wish I'd thought of that - Sam always hated being on his front, so I must admit I didn't put him on his front nearly enough...he's making up for it now though as he's started rolling and won't stay on his back. He still hated it on his front at first (he would roll over, get stuck that way up and cry!) but he's now realised he can push himself up on his arms and he's much happier. I'm sure Bren will be the same when he's rolling x

Actually your pic is what prompted this thread. I thought, 'oh shit, Bren is just a day younger and he can't do that because I don't do tummy time, I am a bad mommy!' :)

It doesn't take long for them to learn to prop themselves up once they are on their front more - until this week Sam would spend most of his time on his front with his arms and legs sticking out to the side, up in the air like a skydiver :rofl: x

i used to lay on the bed/floor and pop Rhiannon on my tummy, so she could see me be near me and was ok but still had tummy time..just she had mummy-tummy time lol...x

Grace will fall straight asleep most times I put her on her tummy. Or she'll lift her head and have a nose around :)

Kyle hated it an Brens age. Only within the last month has he started to enjoy it a bit more. Just try him everynow and then with it a guess x

lillys been on her tummy since under 2 months, she didnt like it at first but i just left her to get used to it! ( bad mum ) lol but shes 5 months now and shescrawling already! so im kinda glad! x

I never really put Ryan on his tummy either, because he's a reflux baby and spits up even more when on tummy. For the last few weeks he has been rolling over though and there is no stopping him! He loves it and doesn't give a damn if he is spitting up! He's determined to crawl and continues till he is out of breath, has a break and then goes back to it.

I'm sure Bren will do it in his own time too!

It is a U shaped pillow.

https://www.doulashop.com/products/images/swatches/226/blue-velvet-large.jpg

Great for breastfeeding and for baby support.

Ohhh I see :blush: thankies

I know theres toys you can get that they sit on their tummy! Sort of in the air not quite?! Could be fisher price!

Ohhh I see :blush: thankies

I know theres toys you can get that they sit on their tummy! Sort of in the air not quite?! Could be fisher price!

I got this for Jack as I thought it may get him to enjoy 'tummy time' as he too cries after about 2 mins on his front:
https://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1091983&classificationid=1048170
He HATES it:hissy::hissy::hissy::rofl:

Colton didn't like it either. And still really doesn't. I just let him cry. I know, I know.. bad bad bad.. but he is like 4.5 months old!! And doesn't roll from tummy to back yet, or anything. Rolls from back to belly though, and is starting to pull himself up to sitting. But no tummy to back rolling! uhh :dohh:

Connor always screamed when we put him on his tummy so he hasn't really had tummy time either. He just started tolerating being on his stomach now that he rolls onto his tummy by choice.

Bella doesn't hate being on her tummy, but she definitely can't sit up like Deise's baby!

Noah's OT said I'm to put Noah on his tummy every time he is awake! Its just not realistic he doesn't like it. What He does like sometimes is to be on his tummy and near the tv, kinda encourages him to look up. So far he has rolled from tummy to back, but not back to tummy. But I think he doesn't see a reason to do it since he doesn't want to be on his tummy!

jack hates it to but like welshcakes we have mummy tummy time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->