Tummy time?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Was just wondering about tummy time? A few questions-
Do u put your LO on their play mat during TT?
How long? From what age?
Have been doing it from birth with our Princess to try and see if she'll gain more control over her head, is this right?
Sorry about all the questions :blush:
:hug:

Yes you can do it from birth. I'd let her stay on her tummy for as long as she likes - until she gets bored/fussy/cries. You can put her on her tummy on the play mat, or you can lie her across your knee on her tummy. x

Yeh hun if she likes it let her carry on...as long as if you supervise her she should be fine...i usually put my LO on his playmat xx

thanks ladies i was worrying i was doing something wrong, but she seems to like it :)

Hannah's gotten to where she likes to sleep, eat and than play a bit. Towards the end of her playtime (I don't want her to get sick by placing her on her tummy right after a bottle) I roll her over onto her stomach....sometimes she's on a play mat, sometimes she's on a blanket on the floor. We started doing this daily just within the last week or so as she didn't seem to enjoy it before. :D From what I've read it's important to do tummy time daily from 6 weeks onwards.

I've done it from birth. She loves it, anywhere. On my bed, on the rug (which I wouldn't recommend untill they can fully hold their head incase they bang their head down quickly), on her mat, and on this thingy (sorry don't know what it'd be called) that I bought from Toys'R'Us. She's constantly on her belly. She doesn't like being on her back if she's not asleep so her tummy is pretty much the only option!

thanks vickie and toria, we both really enjoy tummy time, she loves to try to move and i love watching her, i just love all this development! :cloud9:

Hopefully Hannah will enjoy it in a few weeks, right now she tends to get mad about it, than I give her her pacifier and she falls asleep :rofl:

You wait untill she rolls over! I got soooooooo excited.

vickie, thats so cute! i'm sure she'll enjoy it soon, or maybe she just doesn't like it, bless her though :hugs:

toria - i was thinking the exact same thing today, i no once she rolls over i'll cry! i always cry when she does things :blush: but its just so wonderful isnt it! :cloud9:

Definately! Every time she does it I still get excited. I don't think she will ever learn to go back again though, she won't lay on her back!! :(

I no what you mean, my LO has been smileing for ages, but i still get excited now! i'm sure she'll roll back eventually, they seem to do things at their own pace bless them! :hugs: at the moment i get the feeling my LO can hold her head but chooses not to! :)

Get down on the floor with her and she might copy you! I know Caitlyn tends to copy me and try to get up onto all fours.

thanks toria, i'll give that ago tomorrow, i normally pretend to be an animal :blush: but she seems to like it, we're on fish at the moment! mad i no! i'll definately try it cos would love her to start moving, i think she would like it too! :)

mine hated tummy time he would rather walk ---but after he learned to roll over and sit up he quickly got to crawling so i guess tummy time worked---he's been crawling for a little over three or four weeks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->