Tummy time?

A

AppleBlossom

Grace has been able to hold her head up quite well since she was about a week old. However she can't hold it up for very long, probably about a minute, until she flops again. She has a playmat that I can put her on but when she lies on her tummy she gets lazy and buries her head into whatever she's lying on and then moves her head from side to side making noises, then she gets ratty and starts to cry. It's not because she doesn't like being on her tummy because that's the only way she'll sleep. I know that tummy time is good for their development so I want to get her doing a bit everyday. Is there any way that I can get her to keep her head up? Is it maybe because she associates being on her tummy with sleeping that she won't do it?

i can only suggest the obvious...toys, lay down with her..

having the same problem myself. hadnt really been doing much tummy time and ted gets ratty after a couple of mins. he is also noisy - i think its just hard work for them.

how long a day do you all do or the age of your baby?

Hannah does that when she's looking for her pacifier, once we give that to her she will calm down and seems to kind of enjoy tummy time.

they say it should be daily from 6 weeks onwards :D

have you seen the tummy time mats u can get? I'm not sure how effective they are and if they'd help grace stay up tho. I'll go see if i can find it....

here's the link https://www.thebabycatalogue.com/prodinfo.asp?number=K0360

i think i read that mats like that or supports under the arms (a towel rolled up would work the same?) should only be used once baby has a strong neck and can safely old its head up.

https://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11301086&whse=bc&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

Here's what I go for Bella. She LOVES it! She did the same thing on the regular mats. She started holding her head up so well after using this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->