turkey prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
So i bought our turkey today and well wow thats expensive stuff.

4kg turkey saddle (crown) = £32

Please tell me im not the only person needing a bank loan

Wow that's very expensive!

I think the most we've paid is around 20 Canadian for a 12-14 pound turkey.

Im not overly bothered about the price. Its from a local butchers, im supporting local buisnesses. That makes it better right :haha: :rofl:

I am afraid my conscience will not be clear but still going to pay £15 in tesco for a bird. I paid £30 for a butchers 10lb turkey 5 years ago so its about right i think.

Im sorta mates with 1 of the butchers there. He yelled at me for buying supermarket meat.

Id like to cook both and eat at the same time. Im told it tastes different but im not so sure :blush:

I have ordered a 6kg turkey from the butchers and put a deposit down but they still don't have prices so unsure what it will be, am expecting around £50!

Here in NZ the land of expensive food, its about £50 for a frozen supermarket turkey

I have ordered a 6kg turkey from the butchers and put a deposit down but they still don't have prices so unsure what it will be, am expecting around £50!

Our is £8.something a kg. Crazy prizes. Im going with the fact its a crown so no waste puts price up

We usually pay 40-50 for a crown so sounds ok?

I'm not sure what mine costs. My stepdad is a butcher so I always get it off him and get it at a reduced price. Sounds expensive though, I never realised they could cost so much!

One of the reasons we aren't bothering this year! We are having a chicken and gammon instead, both us prefer chicken and gammon so no point in wasting money on it.

We don't tend to have turkey if eating at home but this year a few of us are going to a restaurant and a 3 course meal is £75 per person x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"