Turning a posterior baby is not fun!!

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Pointless thread but I'm over being on all fours every day blaghhh I have noticed the more active I am the more she goes posterior. Grr

Keep it up!! I had a 5 day slow back to back labour the pain was excruciating (no one noticed she was facing the wrong way until I actually delivered her) and damaged my spine doing so. I'm not trying to worry or scare you I think I was a pretty extreme case just saying its worth it if she turns fingers crossed x

My first big baby was posterior so I know I can do it. But would prefer not to lol

I've been much more closely monitored this time (for totally unrelated reasons) and know little man is in the right place thank god as I was actually discussing labour at my booking in appointment I'm that scared of that pain again haha I'm a wimp though

Thankfully it didn't prolong my labour. I was induced with pitocin and waters broken and was only in labour for 3hour 40. But pushing took forever cause she wasn't coming past my cervix properly but mind you I had less tears and grazes with her 8lb 13 than my anterior baby 6lb 1

What do movements feel like with a posterior baby? I'm pretty sure my little guy went and moved on me two days ago and I'm really nervous he is posterior.

With me baby is always either left occipit transverse or left occipit posterior I get all my movements at the right side of my belly right into the side of my back (above hip) when LOT when she is LOP I get all my movements at the front of belly I have actually seen all 4 limbs poke out at once

Just had an ultrasound yesterday and confirmed my suspensions that my baby girl is posterior. I'm not thrilled about this! I feel everything...little feet, her little heels dig into me...the US tech said she's low and snuggled in...if a baby is "locked in" can she still turn before labor? My sister's first was sunny side up and said that the Dr. turned her manually during labot...ouch! Epideral is my friend!

I'm pretty sure they can turn theirselves during labour if you can keep a upright/leaning position the whole way through. With my first I walked around a lot and then when the pain got intense I had to stay on bed hooked upto the monitors so couldn't keep any position for her to turn as I was on my back (worst position EVER for a back to back labour) but with my second I was lent over a yoga ball the whole time and she came out anterior. I have anterior placenta so have been expecting another back to back labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->