Turning transverse baby

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
I'm 19+2 and baby is transverse. I know it's very common for them to be in this position and turn in the 3rd trimester but I'm in agony.

He's laying on his back, head to my right hand side and feet on the left. When he moves it takes my breath away it's so painful and feels like he's going to rip my skin.

I've been sleeping on my left and avoiding being on my back as much as possible. I'm constantly needing to pee and sleeping is very uncomfortable.

All I can see on Google is about turning baby close to your due date and thats a manual manipulation by the midwife.

Any other ides please? X

It's way too early to think about it as the baby keeps moving all the time and adjusts itself everyday due to having more space in the uterus in 2nd trimester. When you're at 34-36 weeks, you need to worry if baby is transverse. So just try to stay active, go for walks everyday and keep yourself well hydrated, it helps the baby stay comfy and move around easy. Also sit upright always and don't slouch or lay on the couch. Move around as much as you can until you are into end of 3rd trimester. You can also use any oil to lightly massage your bump, back and thighs so you feel relaxed.

It's way too early to think about it as the baby keeps moving all the time and adjusts itself everyday due to having more space in the uterus in 2nd trimester. When you're at 34-36 weeks, you need to worry if baby is transverse. So just try to stay active, go for walks everyday and keep yourself well hydrated, it helps the baby stay comfy and move around easy. Also sit upright always and don't slouch or lay on the couch. Move around as much as you can until you are into end of 3rd trimester. You can also use any oil to lightly massage your bump, back and thighs so you feel relaxed.
Thanks, I haven't been going much walking I'll definitely start that again

Have a look at the spinning babies website. There’s exercises and tips to get your body and baby into the best positions possible. It’s really interesting stuff.
Hope you get some relief soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->