Twins anyone???

Mandankie

Reaction score
Has anybody else found out there having twins??
I need a twin buddy :)

I think I seen some that were I can't remember! I have a twin pregnancy but sadly one is no longer living but is still present. Baby b is doing awesome. Good luck hope you find a buddy! There's a Facebook page twins triplets and more or something like that the ladies are awesome!

There is is a twin section. Good luck I have twins.

Oh no now I'm really panicking!! I'm 13 weeks but I have this really wierd sense that twin 1 isn't living!! Would it not miscarry? I need to know. If I ring my midwife would they scan me?? Xx

Oh no now I'm really panicking!! I'm 13 weeks but I have this really wierd sense that twin 1 isn't living!! Would it not miscarry? I need to know. If I ring my midwife would they scan me?? Xx

If you called you midwife and said that they'd probably try and reassure you, be a bit patronising and wouldn't do a thing. They might scan if you had symptoms such as bleeding.

With a vanishing twin (when one baby stops developing) you could have bleeding, clots or absolutely no symptoms. I've spent the last week researching it as I had a scan early on that showed 2 sacs, but went on to develop some bleeding. Tomorrow I'll find out if both sacs have grown babies or not.

Yeah, if a twin died early on it could be miscarried or absorbed, I lost a twin very early on in this pregnancy and I bled with clots etc, but usually form what I've seen when I did have twins, most ladies seem to have an early scan which shows twins and then later find only 1, either way it will not affect remaining baby.

Try not to worry though Hun, hopefully both will be fine, when did you discover the twins?

Went for the 12 week scan when I was 11 weeks and 2 days. They are di di twins and both were doing fine good strong heart beats. Is it unlikely one would die this late on? I'm so worried :( xx

Went for the 12 week scan when I was 11 weeks and 2 days. They are di di twins and both were doing fine good strong heart beats. Is it unlikely one would die this late on? I'm so worried :( xx

Yes once your past 8 weeks and seen the heartbeat then the risk of miscarriage decrease dramatically, to like 2% or less, so it's unlikely! however, there are more risks to carrying twins, but not usually at this stage, plus your are carrying the safest type (is that makes sense, mo-mo are much higher risk) , my twins were also di-di and they will be 2 years on Sunday, I panicked the whole way through their pregnancy too.

Not true I had sub chronic hemorrhage both babies were fine it stop and weeks later I found out baby a was dead. Baby a was 9.2 weeks and baby b was 9.3 both have always measured different from each other and ahead of what my lmp! Do not panick there is always that chance but if it would make you feel better phone your dr! I'm sorry if I upset you I know many women who have both babies alive and some ate like me but some the baby stops earlier then mine as of my last scan baby a was still present but baby b is doing well! You will not always have signs of a loss and some do bleed and pass one baby but that's not that case for everyone! Good luck Hun please don't worry unless you have reason to!

You had a scan in your 12 week babies were fine then don't worry!

Thanks everyone feel a bit better now I've spoke to u xx

Not true I had sub chronic hemorrhage both babies were fine it stop and weeks later I found out baby a was dead. Baby a was 9.2 weeks and baby b was 9.3 both have always measured different from each other and ahead of what my lmp! Do not panick there is always that chance but if it would make you feel better phone your dr! I'm sorry if I upset you I know many women who have both babies alive and some ate like me but some the baby stops earlier then mine as of my last scan baby a was still present but baby b is doing well! You will not always have signs of a loss and some do bleed and pass one baby but that's not that case for everyone! Good luck Hun please don't worry unless you have reason to!

Actually what I said is true, I'm sorry for your loss, but the fact is the chances after 8 weeks if a heartbeat is seen is dramatically reduced, that doesn't mean impossible, I lost a baby at 12 weeks and it died at 12 weeks, people lose babies at all times even 40 weeks, but the chances are much much less than before 8 weeks once heartbeat has been seen.

I wasn't referring to the heart beat I was referring to the blood and clots!

I wasn't referring to the heart beat I was referring to the blood and clots!

Ok sorry, still confused, were you meaning because I said i lost a twin that way this time? I have also bled in all my pregnancies (healthy ones) but this is the only one I had clots in.

Has anybody else found out there having twins??
I need a twin buddy :)

We're having twins but I'm several weeks behind you. This make pregnancy #3 for me. And it's been 11yrs since I was pg so feels like the first time all over again. LOL

If you called you midwife and said that they'd probably try and reassure you, be a bit patronising and wouldn't do a thing. They might scan if you had symptoms such as bleeding.

With a vanishing twin (when one baby stops developing) you could have bleeding, clots or absolutely no symptoms. I've spent the last week researching it as I had a scan early on that showed 2 sacs, but went on to develop some bleeding. Tomorrow I'll find out if both sacs have grown babies or not.

Sorry my fault I didn't see or no symptoms! I was referring to how I had no blood or clots baby a is still in there I guess he or she will just stick around!either way I didn't mean to upset the poster her drs should have told her about the risk. I'm just a google crazy mom so I was googling when I saw two sacs at 5 weeks! I

Hi

I have 2 children already and found out at my 12 week scan (private) that I was expecting twins.

Found out today having had another scan 14 weeks (NHS) that they are 'Monochorionic, diamnoiotoc? Has anyone had this type of twin pregnancy as I'm not entirely sure what it all means. Seeing a consultant in 2 weeks. I'm going to be a nervous wreck!!

Hi

I have 2 children already and found out at my 12 week scan (private) that I was expecting twins.

Found out today having had another scan 14 weeks (NHS) that they are 'Monochorionic, diamnoiotoc? Has anyone had this type of twin pregnancy as I'm not entirely sure what it all means. Seeing a consultant in 2 weeks. I'm going to be a nervous wreck!!

There is a twin section, which was amazing when I was pregnant with my twins,and even now they are toddlers.

Mo-di twins (I think) means they share a sac but have their own placentas, mine were di-di meaning they had their own sacs and own placentas. The most high risk twins are mo-mo whereby share a sac and a placenta, but even if they share a sac which I believe yours do, you will have even more monitoring to ensure cross don't get tangled etc, but as I say, mine were di-di so I don't know much about identicals. Congrats!

Monochorionic/diamniotic I'm pretty sure is identical twins who have separate sacs (amniotic) but share a placenta (chorion)

https://www.themommabird.com/2012/07/18/monochorionic-diamniotic-twins/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"