Twins at 34 weeks?

Yay!! Congrats!! I'm glad that they we're healthy little angels!

Hey,just a quick update!:happydance:

I had my babies on April 9th,i was 35+2 and spent the last few days of my pregnancy in hospital.
Both girls were with me from day 1 and didn't need any help at all,they were a bit jaundaced but nothing had to be done about it.
We spent 3 days in hospital,and went home Easter Sunday!
Smaller twin was 2.120kg and ''big'' sister was 2.380kg :) both perfectly healthy!

Thanks again everyone for their help and advice :hugs::hug:

That was my birthday! What a great day for you. So glad they were healthy and were able to come home.

Hello,

My daughter was born at 34 weeks. We were in special care unit for three weeks she spent aprrox 5 days in the incubator, then under a light for jaundice for a couple of days. Evie then moved into a room with me as I had a room on the unit so I could stay with her. We were able to estlablish breast feeding but it was really hard work and was the main reason we were in so long we had to wait for get the sucking reflex and then for it to be strong enough to feed. Evie was fed my expressed milk down a tube into her stomach until breastfeeding was established and then 24 hours later we were home. It felt like ages at the time and I was desperate to get home but am so glad we held on and managed to breast feed

:hugs::hugs:
My son was born at 34 wks because I had pre eclampsia. He wieghed 3lbs 14oz and the doctors have no idea why. He was in the NICU for 8 days but the only problem he had was that he didn't develope his sucking reflex and needed to be tube fed til he was stronger. I don't think you should worry too much about delivering at 34wks, esp if one of the twins is bigger than just my one son was. The technology these days is so amazing and the kids themselves are coming out ready to put up a fight! The doctors told me my son would be behind the other kids in school because he was premature but so far he has been ahead of the other kids, and at 3yrs old he is starting t-ball. You would never guess by looking at him that he was a preemie. Your kids will be fine, just make sure that you spend as much tie with them as you can while they are in the hospital...it makes a world of difference, I promise.:hugs:

What a beautiful surprise seeing this thread pop up again!

My girls are now 3 years old :) and what an amazing road it was so far!

I felt the luckiest woman alive since the day i found out i was expecting two babies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->