Twins ~ Dress alike or different?

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
Bored, watching "John & Kate Plus 8" and wondering what you ladies think of twins being dressed the same.

For example; identical twin girls; dressed identically - cute or not?

I personally woudln't dress them the same. I would have one big wardrobe for them both and take clothes from it for both of them, but I woudn't dress them in the same clothes on the same day.

Im terrible i have 4 and 5 yr old girls and i have only just started to dress them differently :dohh::haha:

i think its cute when there younger but as they get older i would dress them differently :)

I think dressing them alike, but in different colours would be cute. Not all the time though mind.

This makes me laugh because there have been a number of days where I walk ou t of the house and with my lo and realize that I have dressed myself and her in very similar clothes :)

Not deliberate but obviously I have days where one outfit is what tickles my fancy... For both of us!

I'd be a nightmare with twins constantly dressing them the same until they couldn't stand it anymore. :haha::haha::haha:

I think its adorable when they are little to be in the same outfits... now if they were 10 and still doing it I may think its a little odd!

I'm with everyone else: adorable when they're little; obnoxious once they're out of primary school.
I saw two grown men.....a couple? Siblings? recently that were dressed very similar. It was obviously done on purpose. All it did was make people stare. LOL.
But babies dressed alike?? Cute cute cute!!

I think dressing them similar would be cute. But not identical
Ex: If one was wearing a yellow shirt and pink pants it'd be cute to put the other one in yellow pants and a pink shirt.

I agree with the majority of people who are saying it is VERY cute when they are young- maybe up until they are 5ish but after that I think they need to start to get their own sense of being and individuality. I find it so wierd when I see 40 year old identical twins wandering around.

I dress the girls ( not twins) in the same outfits as DD1 is still small. But I found that it can get really expensive, so if i had twins i would just buy a few matching outfits and the rest different, so they could both wear them

How about both: sometimes the same, sometimes differently?

Differently! pleeease anyone who has twins please dress them differently lol iam an identical twin and would have hated to ever be dressed in the same thing, just because you are a twin does not mean you are the same person you are different and have different personalities. plus me and my sister looked so alike when we were small i look back at photos and the only way i can tell which one is me is by the clothes im wearing so thats helped alot lol

Some days the same, some days differently. Depending on where we are going, what we are doing and if we want the cute factor or not.

My midwife thinks I may be having twins so I've given this some thought already. I would dress them differently because I wouldn't want people treating them like they're the same person.

Differently!! Its definately not cute and what a waste of money!

Differently! pleeease anyone who has twins please dress them differently lol iam an identical twin and would have hated to ever be dressed in the same thing, just because you are a twin does not mean you are the same person you are different and have different personalities. plus me and my sister looked so alike when we were small i look back at photos and the only way i can tell which one is me is by the clothes im wearing so thats helped alot lol

I was going to make the same point, i.e that twins, identical or not are 2 different people!!

I wouldn't dress mine the same if I ever had twins!!

My daughter is friends with twin girls, and the other day she referred to them as 'the twins' (first time she has EVER not called them by their names), and I said 'why did you just lump them in together then?' and she said 'everyone at school does now'. Weird!

I plan to dress my twins alike/similarly on rare occasions...pictures, family gatherings, etc. It's cute but I also want them to be individuals. :)

I would dress them the same for special occasions like christmas and things ,but different on an everyday basis xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->