Twins measuring different size

MGD

Reaction score
Hi, Finally got pregnant with help of IUI and found out at 8 week scan it was twins although one is smaller than the other (one week difference!). Had another scan at 9 weeks and there is still one week between them, although the nurse was very positive as the little one grew as normal for that week. The big one was moving around great and sized at 10 weeks, little one at 9 weeks. The nurse saw the little one's heartbeat (although we couldn't). Bit worried about the difference in size even though she said not to worry !

Reading too much on internet which says little one is at risk....

Anyone else had similar experience to help put our minds at ease ?

Thanks

Not had any experience of this sorry but just wanted to send oodles of hugs and hope everything is ok xx

sometimes 2 eggs drop and one gets fertilized and the next time you do it *sex* the other egg got fertilized it does happen im in medical classes and we learned about it 2 days ago its amazing

Mine were out by one day, but I heard being out by a week is perfectly normal in the dating scans, don't be to alarmed they will even out.
They date them based on length and one could always be a little smaller. if it were a single pregnancy you wouldn't know the difference. My 3 boys were all different lengths.
Do you know if they are fraternal or identical? and Congrats on your pregnancy and twins:hugs:

Thats certainly a possibility, the IUI was on the Friday and they encourage you to have sex which we did over the weekend. So entirely possible the babies were conceived upto 2/3 days apart.

After trying for 4 years (both 37!) we are delighted and really pleased its twins so just desperate to hold on to them both.

Congratulations thats absolutely wonderful news after so long ttc. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine or the nurse would have said something.

My friends twins measured differently. One was quite a bit bigger than the other in all the scans even up to birth. One was 6lb 4 and other was 5lb 2! After they were born
little twin had a growth spurt and took over sis and now they are same size and weight at 2 years old.

Thanks Beadette and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"