Twins question..

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
I dont think im having twins at all just wanted to ask the question, is there anyway you can tell if your having twins before a scan? Are pregnancy tests always darker sooner with twins? Or any other signs? Just an interest iv always wondered and never knew lol x

No, no way of knowing, my symptoms were less and I tested at 11dpo which is when I tested with my first who was a singleton.

They don't test bettas in my area but lots of the twin mums I know didn't have exceptionally high readings or anything.

I think there are some possible indicators (more severe morning sickness, fraternal twins on the Mum's side, more tiredness) but not everyone mother expecting twins will get these. I've got a nagging feeling that it might be twins but it feels silly to say as I have absolutely no proof. My granda's a twin and when I was having a quick look at baby things today for some reason I kept thinking, "But I'll need two of everything." Hope I'm not getting my hopes up for twins. All I really want is a healthy baby (babies?).

No, no way of knowing, my symptoms were less and I tested at 11dpo which is when I tested with my first who was a singleton.

They don't test bettas in my area but lots of the twin mums I know didn't have exceptionally high readings or anything.

And your pregnancy test with your lil twins was no darker than with your singleton? I really thought the test lines would be an indicator, my lines have always been light which always made me fee id definately not be having twins lol x

Just throwing in my tuppence worth. I've been asking the ladies in my family what symptoms did they have. My aunt had twins and wasn't sick once. I was asking as I was concerned I've had no sickness,lol.

No this is my 7th pregnancies i had twins one died ! That aside pregnancy 4,5&6 were all losses! My morning sickness was horrible with my losses but I had it with each pregnancy! My pregnancy test all showed right away! I was very tired with all my pregnancies!

Twin a died at 9 weeks 2 days!

Thanks I'm dealing with it much better I just want my other baby to be healthy and survive! Have to admit I'm now sad that I won't have twins even though I was freaking out when I was told! I guess they grew on me! But I will take one rainbow over none!

And your pregnancy test with your lil twins was no darker than with your singleton? I really thought the test lines would be an indicator, my lines have always been light which always made me fee id definately not be having twins lol x

Nope. I had absolutely no reason to expect twins, so my scan was a big shock!:haha:

I conceived twins again this pregnancy but that was a VERY early loss. I LOVE my twins to bits and feel very blessed to have them, but one set is more than enough. They moved to beds this week and are little nightmares into everything, I'm so exhausted lol.

I was extremely tired with the twins, that was my only symptom i guess, every pregnancy is tiring my twins was a whole different level lol.

Yea no matter how much you freaked out when you was told you can never not be heartbroken to have lost one of your babies im sure :( im glad to hear that one of your twins is still going strong hun and i hope he/she continues to grow strong and healthy xxx

I did have a very strong bfp although it was at 18dpo. I didn't test before that. My beta numbers were also super high. This is my first pregnancy so I'm not able to compare symptoms. I had a bit of sickness, but not too bad, and I've had extreme exhaustion. But really the only way to know for sure if it's twins is to have an ultrasound.

Yea no matter how much you freaked out when you was told you can never not be heartbroken to have lost one of your babies im sure :( im glad to hear that one of your twins is still going strong hun and i hope he/she continues to grow strong and healthy xxx

Well it was at the 6 week and showed an empty sac so never really came round the idea of it being twins again. So I really wasn't upset, I feel so lucky and blessed having one set of twins, but I spent the majority of that pregnancy either in or in and out of hospital, if this had remained twins I would have had 5 4 and under. I hypo ovulate so I did wonder the likelihood of twins again, so would have been slightly more prepared this time.

Twins are amazing, mine are salt and paper, act and look completely opposite but their interactions is lovely. In that pregnancy I dreamt I was having twins, really should have prepared me but it didn't.

I had the lightest line ever, no symptoms actually an easier pregnancy that with my dd, I had no idea until my 12 week scan I was having twins but I definitely know now the kick ass karate moves they throw x

I had the lightest line ever, no symptoms actually an easier pregnancy that with my dd, I had no idea until my 12 week scan I was having twins but I definitely know now the kick ass karate moves they throw x

Haha how far are you? I'm sure mine had fights in there, not many people can experience kicks in the ribs and bladder at the same time.

I'm 26+3 I swear they take turns squeezing my bladder to see who will make me pee first. They are proper ninjas!!

I'm 26+3 I swear they take turns squeezing my bladder to see who will make me pee first. They are proper ninjas!!

Haha ... Mine were the same, you should see the fights they have outside the womb :haha: you coping ok?

LOL yea i can imagine with two in their the kick would be mental!! X

Im expecting twins, still early though, I got a positive at 10dpo on a cbd which was way early for me, I had my darkest test at 17dpo, my betas at 14dpo were 251 which was high, most singletons are between at 50-70 at 14dpo so I had a sneaky suspicion, at 5weeks I had a ultrasound and it confirmed twins. But you know, deep down I honestly just knew it was twins.

Oh god im even more worried now. last night i dreamt i had twins! This was an unexpected pregnancy and im only just getting used to the idea of one more baby never mind 2 ! My line was very dark on the hpt but i didnt test till a week late so it would've been. We dtd on cd 12 and i dont normally ov till cd 16 but had implantation pains on cd 14. I hope i didnt ov twice. I was breastfeeding at the time too so i hear that gives me a higher chnance, im scared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->