Two kids, same birth month.

campn

Reaction score
How do you ladies celebrate birthdays when both kids share the same month!? My DS's birthday is September first and this baby is due September 20th.

At first I thought I'd throw each one their own party so they feel special but when I realistically thought of it I'm not sure how that'll work. Having two separate parties might get expensive especially if we celebrate it at a special fun place outside of the house (or the afterwards clean up after each party) and having family that live an hour or two away I'm not sure they can free two weekends to attend 2 birthdays.

I just don't know honestly. Any suggestions!?

This will be me (if I don't go early again). My first son is Aug 2nd, my second son is due 22nd Aug and my Hubby is 25th Aug.

I haven't really ever thought about not giving them their own birthdays. If it means saving the rest if the year then that's what we will do. August is an expensive month for us anyway with car and house insurance, and I'm a SAHM.

Kids dont need fancy parties, they just need love and fun.

If you wanted a party for both I would do it the weekend before LO1 and the weekend after LO2s birthday to spread it out a bit. you never know you could go a week or two over your due date so that it spreads it out a bit more.

This is something that I have thought about. Ds1 was born 14th September, DH 30th sept and belly monster is due 14th October. All 3 are two weeks apart.

myself and my son are only 2 days apart Aug 2 and Aug 4 my DH is Feb 28 and my DD is 5 March so its quite expensive when buying gifts and celebrating for us ... but like PP said you don't need to do something fancy and just have something small for each of them ... my friend has a DD in July and one in Sept but always makes a party for both of them in Oct when its a little warmer this side ...

My DD's birthday is Aug 8th and this LO will probably be Aug 5th (if I get my desired c-sec date). Just plan on doing something on one of their birthdays. Maybe one year do it on DD's and then the next doing it on this baby's.
I think if there was a longer gap in between, we might just do a big party in the middle somewhere and then on their actual birthday, just do something really small.

My two kids aren't born in the same month but their birthdays are only 6 days apart (Aug 30, and Sep 5)

The good thing about their birthdays being so close together is that it gives us 8 months to save up once Christmas is out the way.

We usually do something small like a visit to the farm or zoo but I imagine that will all change when they start school and want parties. I haven't thought that far ahead! :shock:

My son was born Oct 2this one is due Oct 27. And I hope I go early like the first lol, if you don't go over board on parties they could still do something separate. My younger brothers birthday is the day before mine and sometimes father's day is on our birthday. We always did one cake usually just around those days but we never did parties

My mum and Aunty grew up with their birthdays the day after each other and my husbands birthday is the day after his dad's. I think it's important to do something separately to make that person feel special sometimes it can take the shine off their special day if they always have to share it

My oldest two are Oct 10th and 16th and younger two March 15th and 26th. I generally get few presents for them to open on their own birthdays and do something small like a meal or day out then pick a date in the middle of both birthdays and have a joint party inviting school friends etc.

I'm not quite in the 2nd tri yet, but I hope it's okay to chime in!

I have an 11 year old born in Oct. I'm due 11/3 with this baby, but I know he/she will come early like my other 2 have. So most likely, I will have 2 October babies. Mine are so far apart in age that I will definitely be having 2 parties. I think maybe 1 would be okay if they were closer in age. How far apart are yours?

My 2 babies had same due date .. August 23rd. My son came 12 days late on 3rd Sept and I'll likely have an earlier section this time so thankfully they'll probably end up in different months.

I think it would be nice for them to be close .. less jealously etc and could do a bigger joint party x

My 2 are 10th & 17th September so just a week apart. Last year we went out for the day with their grandparents on both birthdays. When they start wanting parties I guess we'll do a joint one on the weekend between their birthdays.

Just found out today that we're expecting number 3 in the New Year so September to January will be really expensive for us with Xmas to consider too!

Dd2 bday is 9/6 and dd3 will be 9/24 (scheduled c) unless she comes early. My plan will be a joint family party but will do gifts from us , cake, special meal on actual birthday with just household family (and maybe my parents-they live super close). When they get older and want to have friend parties, will probably do dd2 before her bday and dd3 after her bday so a bigger gap I between and probably just pizza, cake and games until old enough to have l just a couple close friends for a sleep over or what not.

My kids bdays are 2 yrs and 13 days apart. We usually give them their own parties unless we do something big. One year we did Disneyland and then just had a family party at home. This year were doing two bigger parties closer to their bdays. I'm sure they'll have their own opinions on what they want for bdays soon enough campn!

My kids bdays are 2 yrs and 13 days apart. We usually give them their own parties unless we do something big. One year we did Disneyland and then just had a family party at home. This year were doing two bigger parties closer to their bdays. I'm sure they'll have their own opinions on what they want for bdays soon enough campn!

That's what I thought haha! I think since they're still very little they might actually enjoy sharing one big party, but once they're older I'll let them do what they want. I could get away with celebrating DS's birthday a bit early in August like the weekend before!

Thank you all ladies for all the suggestions!!!

Same as me Campn.. Riley is 9th July & this bun is 30th lol, in my defence it was August! Im just glad their 'special' birthdays dont fall on the same year.. That would be VERY pricey!

My youngest 2 not only have the same birth month, but the same birthday! 😉
Whilst they're so young we can get away with joint birthday parties but I'm sure as they get older this will change.

Wow LoraLoo what are the odds of that happening!

I know! William was due 11th Nov and Alice was due 1st Nov.
I really didn't want them to share a birthday but I'm glad now, it's double the excitement.
They were more or less born at the same time too, in the same room. I was disappointed it was a different midwife lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->