Two Losses in Six Months

pixies79

Reaction score
Here is my story..

I first fell in may after trying for about two months. I started to bleed at seven weeks and lost the baby. Everyone said the typical sayings like "it was not meant to be" or "don't worry, everyone has a miscarriage and then they go on to have normal babies" and "your next one will be fine".

So, I got over it and fell quite soon after. This one I carried till three months. I felt completely nauseous the whole time and always tired. I was really pregnant! I knew it was meant to be. It came to three months and we managed to tell all our family as we thought we had accomplished the worse time period to miscarry. I then went for the twelve week ultra sound to find this baby had anencephaly. I was devastated. About five minutes before this, I was watching another expecting mum in the waiting room looking at her u/s pictures and thinking, this will be me soon. During the u/s, the lady asked me if I had taken folic acid which I replied yes to. Apparently, I found out later, low dose folic acid does not always protect from all neural tube defects esp anencephaly. I had to terminate the baby.

We then found out that this baby had an inversion on one of it's chromosomes. This could have been a one off or it could have been passed on from myself or my husband. If one of us are a carrier, this means that we will have more miscarriages. We are currently having tests done now.

The reason why I am writing this is because I hurt so much. I am angry, I cry almost every day. It has been three months since the second one and I am still not back to myself.

I am scared to try again although we have been having unprotected sex. I would like to know if anyone has been through something similar or if they have any advice.

Sorry for your loses, hun. I'm sure there are other women who have been through, or are going through the same issues. I'm sure you'll meet some gals here who you can totally relate with.:hugs: It's ok to cry, we are only human :) but you are a strong woman to come out with your feelings and seek comfort and help. I hope only the best for you, and that your lab results come back alright and your future is bright!

I'm so sorry hun, i've had two like you - my first i went for a scan at 11 weeks and was told the baby had stopped developing at 6. I heard exactly the same thing from people "you'll be fine", "lots of people miscarry with their 1st etc etc" then the second time i m/c at 5 weeks. I don't have any advice i think it's a personal decision as to whether or not you wait for the tests before deciding if to conceive again. If you are going to get the results pretty quickly then i think i would wait rather than have to go through the same again x

Please don't give up hope. I had numerous miscs before we found out that hubby had a problem with chromosomes that affected some of his sperm. I f we got a dodgey sperm then pregnancy would not progress and would miscarry. Although we were devastated to find this out, it did in fact give us hope. We saw a genetic counsellor who explained everything and gave us odds of having a viable pregnancy. We held onto that hope and now have 3 children and expecting number 4! It has been a very tough road at times but worth it.

Thanks guys for your support.

Just expressing my thoughts helps! Deep down I am positive and I know that one day I will be a mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->