Two middle names?

GeralynB

Reaction score
Question: Has anyone used two middle names for their child? Is there room on the birth certificate? And how would that work when filling out forms? Would he use one middle name? both? initials? We want to name the middle names after both of our fathers.

My son has two middle names, after both grandads. There's plenty of room on birth certificate, some people have 4-5 names. We've only put his full name on passports and official documents etc, otherwise it's just first name and surname (unless space on forms for middle names etc.

Both my children have 2 middle names and so does all of DHs family. We only really use their middle names on legal documents ect or if there is space for middle names on forms. There is plenty of room on the birth certificate I know a few people with 3 or 4 middle names x

Ok good! Guess it's more common than I thought

I was thinking about using 2 middle names for baby but was unsure like yourself. We have a name we want to use after my late Grandma and my husband's Nana who is still alive, one thing that is putting me off is that if we do have a 3rd child and baby is a girl also we could of waited and used one for each. I'm driving myself up the wall with it really :haha:

Same as a PP, DS has two middle names named after each grandfather. It was obvious to us. DH and his dad both have two middle names so it just came naturally to have two.

The issue we have now, is that we are having a girl and have set a precedent about the middle names being of the grandparents. It has lead to a bit of an upset because DH and I don't want to use one of the grandmothers names because we don't really like it for our girl. Nothing at all to do with the grandmother (my mum) because she is absolutely brilliant with DS and plays a vital role in our lives every week, its just a difficult name to use.

Same as a PP, DS has two middle names named after each grandfather. It was obvious to us. DH and his dad both have two middle names so it just came naturally to have two.

The issue we have now, is that we are having a girl and have set a precedent about the middle names being of the grandparents. It has lead to a bit of an upset because DH and I don't want to use one of the grandmothers names because we don't really like it for our girl. Nothing at all to do with the grandmother (my mum) because she is absolutely brilliant with DS and plays a vital role in our lives every week, its just a difficult name to use.

My husband actually hated the idea of using his Nana's name as a middle name a while back because of the same reason he didn't really like the name but now he has completely changed his mind and has his heart set on using it. Do you mind me asking what your mother's name is? My husband's Nana's name is Ivy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->