Two Questions, Opinions, Feedback Required.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Shinning_Star, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star WTT for a possible no4???

Hey all,

Ok so as title states I have two questions, Kinda related via heartbeats.

So first one what dopplers would you recommend off of ebay, I'd like one that displays the heart rate?

Second is do you remember any prior children's heart rates and were they a girl or boy, obviously it's said a boy's is slower and a girls is faster, but at what point has the change over been.

I have a dsbut I cannot remember his heart rate but I do remembr the midwife guessed his sex cos of his heart rate.

Cheers ladies!

2. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

I have a hi-bebe doppler and I adore it. I displays a reading and is well worth the money. As for heartbeats, my baby has a steady 150 and it's a boy. I think that old wives tale is just a buncha hooey!

3. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

I dont know bout the doppler thing but my Los heartbeat is always over145 and its another girl

4. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

id say the angelsounds one but it doesnt show you the rate, my babys is 162 & a girl x

5. Shinning_Star

Our babies heartbeat was measured at abt 156 at 12 week scan.

I think there is fact towards it, as to do with size of heart etc. It's just a case of what the scale is of a normal babies heart rate, how big the scale is and where abouts the cross over is?

6. Logiebear

Logiebear Mum to 4 darlings

I don't have a doppler but all my babies have had heart rates over 150 and I have a girl and 2 boys so it doesn't work!

7. Shinning_Star

Uh I have just read up on it and it does say there's no truth in it at all, haha! The lady at the school and midwife were lying! LOL Still interesting to think about! LOL

8. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I have this doppler and loveeeee it so much :) .
    https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sonotrax-Fet...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It has an lcd backlinght that shows heart rate , So even if its a bit dark in your room you can see heart rate clearly .
    It arrived to me in 8 days ! , And i cannot reccomend it enough .
    As for sex predictions , I had one of each before both had high heart rates so was confusing .. Allthow my sons sounded like a train and my daughters sounded like horses :) .
    With this one the heartrate is allways Low in the 130s and sounds like a train and is a boy :) :) , So was spot on .
    Good luck picking and listening . xxxx .

9. codex

codex Well-Known Member

edit: ^^ lol that is almost the same one I have and it is great!

I know a few OB nurses that swear they know by HR so I started watching those baby shows and once they show the HR I guess boy or girl so far all the boys have had slower HR. Maybe coincidence but thought it was cool. My LO's HR has been high 170's the whole time.

I have the Sonotrax from ebay it has a display for HR and a few options for timing and you can record to pc if you like. It was just over $100 I think.

10. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

My sons heartbeat was always around 160 - 165 and obviously he was a boy :p never used a doppler though - just the monthly visits to doctor.

11. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

I have the hi-bebe LCD one and its fab. The HB is now around 146 but was over 150 when I first listened. I'm having a girl according to the scan :)

12. Shinning_Star

Hey thats the one I have just brought, Yes I caved in! LOL Was worried had no feedback on that model yet but thought what the heck so shld be with us end if the week I guess.

hehe

13. Shinning_Star

oops tell a lie didn't get that one got an unbranded from babymad ebay shop. LOL but was looking at hi bebe ones.

14. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

I never bought a doppler, but LO has been measured between 140 and 150 every time, and I'm having a girl.