Two quick questions regarding sleeping

vicky9207

Reaction score
hey, i have a baby boy who is nearly 13 months.

I would just like to now some peoples experience

1. What age did you put your babys in their own room.

2. when is it ok to put children into there own beds (not cots)

thank you in advance

1. I put Grace in her own room at 5.5 months

2. Over 12 months I would say, as long as there is a bed guard obviously... not 100% sure though

with the first question i kinda knew i should of had aaron in his own room ages ago lol

why i want to put aaron in a bed because he keeps bang his head in the cot (even with bumpers) and he trying to climb out of his cot.

thank you

1. Colton went at 11 months 1 week. :)
2. Coltons crib warnings (its a convertable crib) said not before 15 months/ 35 inches in height :)

i stil have lexi in my room now but thats mainly due to the fact that i stil live at parents.. however if i didnt i would of had her out around 12months ish.. i like her with me :lol:

and the bed thing.. i think thats down to the individual, i mean ive no reason to take lex out of her bed yet, she doesnt try to climb out and just goes straight to sleep, i dont intend on doing it any time soon unless i have a reason too.

My brother has just come out of his cot this week, hes 25months old,
he has started climbin out of his cot so hes got a low bed with a bed guard and a safety gate on the door (which he also learnt to climb over :dohh:) xx

xx Linz xx

im doing aarons room upp at the moment. I got him a junior in the night garden bed. it says 18 months but i just wanted to know people opinons and if anyone did it younger.

thank you for your replies

i have put mine in a bed as soon as they start trying to climb out of the cot , i had a bad experience with my second son though he tried to climb out ands got stuck between his cot and the radiator ..luckily he was unharmed, i used to use a bed guard and for extra safety while they were little i rolled a spare duvet up on the flor as an extra cushion in case the decided to fall out
they were all around 12-14 months

i put them in their own rooms at about 7-8 months too

Alasdair is in his own room but obviously still in his cot. Our next door neighbours little boy wouldn't go into a cot (he had been cosleeping) and he went straight into a bed at 12/13 months.

With Landon he was in his own room at 4mo, Casen at 11mo and Hayden at 15mo. As for toddler beds Landon was 13mo, Casen 15mo and Hayden 12mo, he never slept in a crib

With Landon he was in his own room at 4mo, Casen at 11mo and Hayden at 15mo. As for toddler beds Landon was 13mo, Casen 15mo and Hayden 12mo, he never slept in a crib

We've just put Erin into her own room at 5 months. Not sure about when we'll put her into her bed though... perhaps when she's about 2ish?

logan went into his own room at 3 months, as he went straight into a cot, he hated moses baskets, so i thought he was ready for own room n i was right, he slept so much better in own room. sorry dont know ans to 2nd one thou my cousins little girl has just gone in to a bed n shes bout 16/17 mnths she managed to climb out of cot bless her xx

Woah sorry about the 4 posts, it kept messing up, it happened as the board went down and kept showing me that I hadn't posted lol

Char was 18 weeks I think when we put her in her own room. She did just fine. Our pedi doesn't suggest a bed until 2 yrs old or climbing OUT of the crib

Emms went into her own room in her moses basket in the cot at 3 months. She is 12 months now but I am going to see when she starts to try to climb out with any success before I move her to a bed. x

We had little one in her crib in her own room at about 2-3 weeks. Our cats were a bit too curious about her when she was in our room. :) We had her in our room on a cushion between us once in a while but she mainly was in her room. It was hardest on me, I think.

We won't be moving her out of the crib until she's about 3 as that's the age recommended here for this bed and we basically lower the bed part of the crib so she can't climb out.

We'll see how it goes...

Rihanna went into her own room just before 4mths and slept loads better (without my snoring lol)

Into their own beds ... I aint sure to be honest hun

About 6 months i put Ella in her own room (sharing with her sister)

I had put Carly in her junior bed when she was 16 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->