Two under two?!

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
So my son will be exactly two once this baby is born, and he has been nothing but clingy ever since I found out he's not the slimmest of children and is tall and just wants picking up carrying everywhere and is so whingey my partner works away a lot so I give in to him
Most of the time for an easy life but I'm literally at my wits end ...do you think he can sense there's a new baby on the way? It's not just that its I panick when carrying him as I've been getting cramping aghhh tell me it's not just me with a demanding toddler?!

He might be able to sense it. My son was older when I got pregnant with my second but he got way more clingy than usual. I carried him around and everything was fine. I am a little concerned this time since having losses and my kids are both super clingy now. I think they do sense it or something. I know it isn't possible all the time but maybe try doing more sitting activities where he can sit on your lap or by you? We are up and going a lot so I have to make an effort to do activities sitting or if we walk, have them ride bikes or something so they don't ask to be carried.

1st trimester can be very worrying so I feel for you! I've been having quite a bit of cramping but I know some cramping is normal too so I'm sure all is well :hugs:

my youngest has been the same, more clingy and whiny, he'll be 4 months off being 2. I think I remember you from my pregnancy with him. he's getting use to the idea of having another baby in the house, he keeps lifting up my top rubbing my belly and saying baby. when we ask where baby is he lifts his top up and points to his belly and says baby. quite cute really. you'll have days where your little one will want nothing but cuddles and others where they are quite happy to play.

Maybe its true for DD. She's more clingy lately also. But compared to her brother she is a very clingy child and always wants interaction. She'll be 21 months when new baby arrives.

So glad I'm not the only one! And you probably do remember me sweet as I was on all the time haha! A little harder now that he's here...I left my hubby to settle him in the end and went for a shower sometimes I just need those five minutes after that I was fine I blame the hormones! Just feeling mighty anxious with this bambino as with DS we conceived him first month of trying and I bled the first few months so lots of early scans...but luckily with this bean no bleeding as of yet but s/he took us 4 months to concieve and I know that's not a lot to some people but it felt like forever to us! I Deffo think he senses something is up though! xxx

Mine dd3 will be 14 months old! Bricking it ain't even tho word 😂😂. Hoping it's a breeze. Something tells me it won't be lol

it will ease, give it a month or so and he won't be as clingy.

I am currently pregnant and due January 28, 2016 with my third. When this one comes, I will have 3 under 3! Yikes! lol

My DD is like your DS. She was always very clingy, attention-needy, craved interaction at all moments of the day and never played by herself. In fact she completely ignored all of her toys and still does. She's just a people person. She refused to walk until she was 15 months old (I could have sworn she knew there was a baby on the way) and then when DS was born she wanted to constantly be held and refused to do anything herself. She acted just like a baby again. The jealousy continued until DS started becoming more mobile.

My son ended up to be the complete opposite. He loves toys, doesn't like being the center of attention, would prefer to play by himself than with adults and is the exploring type. He is very smart for his age because he figures stuff out on his own, unlike DD who has to be shown first. I thought he would be born being needy too but he hardly ever is demanding.

As to your son I think he probably senses something isn't right. When our hormones change, we change right along with it and it rubs off onto our children. My DD has become more like a mother hen with her brother. My normally content son has also become more clingy recently.

DD will be 20 months when this one is due. She has been nothing but clingy since shortly after I found out I was pregnant.
Well, she was clingy to begin with, but it has gotten even worse. She did have an ear infection which made the clingy way worse than it is now..
But even 2 weeks later after her ear infection cleared, she stays feet away from me, and screams should I leave her behind or let anyone else hold her, DH included. It is crazy. I can only hope it passes soon.

That's my same problem Beth, I either ignore him and let DH or my mum pick him up and sort him out, but he will cry even more and throw himself on a heap on the floor until it's me sorting him out DH has been working away the last three weeks just home at the weekend so for an easier life I have been giving in to him letting him stay up later than usual 8.30PM so I can sleep and trying to nap when he naps! I just feel I'm coping fine but by the end of the day I feel guilty on the little bubs growing in my tummy because I've none stopped all day. I have really bad hayfever too it's 5.55AM here and I've been up since 5 sneezing and needing to pee, I'm only 4 weeks and 5 days! Lord help me haha. Frustrating thing is I can't take anything for the hayfever so just have to shut up and put up and its HORRIBLE xx

I completely understand. I too am letting DH or my mom hold her and sort her. Though it gets tough because I can hear her scream and scream and eventually I cave. I get a lot of fuss about how I am spoiling her and such, but I am sure she doesn't get why I am just standing there and not picking her up.
I don't have hay fever, but I do have sciatica. And my goodness, carrying her around when I can barely stand. I had sciatica prior to pregnancy, it has only gotten worse since I got pregnant. I refuse to take anything for it because Tylenol is not going to sort the severity of the pain.

My son (15 months) has been really clingy these last couple of weeks! So I do think they sense it. He will be 23 months when this next one is due. The only thing I'm really worrying about at the moment is that he still wakes up to 4 times a night and is usually in our bed by 1am as I'm so tired!!! He doesn't let my husband put him to bed or go in and see to him either, he will just cry until I finally go in.

I just keep saying by January I'm sure he will be sleeping through 😁

Ah good luck to us crazy ladies hey having these babies so close in age!! Saying that I couldn't believe how cute some of the itty bitty baby clothes were in NEXT today especially the girls stuff! It'll all work out in the end I'm sure of it. I'm 5 weeks on Monday so have a good while to go yet! xx

I'm in the two under two club. My dd will be 21 months when the new baby arrives. My biggest concern is sleep as she is nowhere near sleeping through and comes in our bed most nights which can't happen once the new baby arrives. Also slightly worried about how to stop her climbing all over my stomach. It doesn't matter at the moment as I don't have a bump but I don't know how I will stop it once I start to show.

I'm in the two under two club. My dd will be 21 months when the new baby arrives. My biggest concern is sleep as she is nowhere near sleeping through and comes in our bed most nights which can't happen once the new baby arrives. Also slightly worried about how to stop her climbing all over my stomach. It doesn't matter at the moment as I don't have a bump but I don't know how I will stop it once I start to show.

No idea how to help with sleeping, minus trying a sleeping bag as my DD does all weird ninja positions whilsts she sleeps waking herself up. But otherwise she's slept through from 2 months.

As for climbing on the stomach, I wouldn't worry to much. They are very safe in there. I think my son who was 6 at the time, accidentally headbutted me in my stomach when I was pregnant with DD. And DD kicked me constantly when I was feeding her when I was pregnant with my late miscarriage (that didn't cause the miscarriage I got really sick)

It would seem our daughters are very close in age. :D
My DD has been sleeping through the night for well, a year now, save for the occasional being sick or nightmares.
I too worry about DD climbing all over me, she also likes to do jump on my stomach. Which luckily is well above where baby is located, but once it starts to get bigger, I will have to put a stop to it.
I should ask my sister what she did to keep her ds1 from jumping on her and stuff when she was pregnant with ds2. because her ds1 was 23months when her ds2 was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->