Two under two?

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
Hello all feels soooo weird to finally be posting in third tri I'm 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant! And cannot believe I've made it this far with our healthy baby with loosing his twin really early on, so I'm feeling beyond blessed!! My question is are there any other mums to be who will have two under two? My boys have the same due date just two years apart, so we will have just missed it so to speak...I've been preparing my son as much as possible for the new baby moved all the babies things into his room
Quite early on, set the Moses basket up in mummy and daddy's room my scan picture is in a frame on the side he's been to all my medical appointments for Jenson (baby) he's been so good up until now, he now keeps trying to hide my tummy if it pops out of clothes etc feeling slightly anxious! And know I'll be an emotional wreck when they meet for the first time!

Me! My dd will be 21 months when new baby arrives in January. Even though this pregnancy was planned I must admit I do have moments when I freak out about handling a stroppy toddler alongside a demanding newborn.

We are trying to prep my dd for the new arrival by doing similar things to you, I.e crib all set up and if you ask who sleeps here she will say baby and she knows there is a baby in mummies tummy. How she actually act when the baby comes home, who knows! I don't think she really knows what's about to happen and I do worry about the effect on her.

I had my second when my first was under one ,there's under a year between them by 13 days ! (They were both early and there's a bigger gap then people realise between the end of one pregnancy and the start of the next lol , i didn't realise just how fertile you got after baby first time me n hubby done anything I fell pregnant with no 2 and we didn't even do it properly crazy !! ) any way , you will be fine , it's all about routine and making sure you let your first littlen be involved as much as possible , I was terrified when I had my second on how my first would react especially him being so young and vvvvv clingy but it was fine as soon as I brought her home he was all over her and loved and cared for her every time she cried he'd go up and start rocking the bouncer and if I needed a nappy he'd go get it , it really helped him develop and learn , of course there were times were he would try and play with things she was too little for and ended up landing a book on her or a toy on her face she got a little trampled every now and then when he forgot she was there but babies bounce as my nan says, they are very good and fixing themselves and they quickly learn to move out the way and play I'm about to have my forth my oldest has just turned four , but all of my little ones love each other so dearly they are so close it's difficult to have them apart my first and second are paractically twins they are so close they love it (and due to the small age gap and my second being tall everyone assumes they are twins anyway ) they are inseparable, they've shared a bed for the last two years because even though they have their own they always get in each other's to snuggle up and sleep , they do everything together (even poop they both sit with their backs together and side ways on the toilet it's funny as hell) trust me you will be fine there will always be accidents and fights and you'll turn into a referee especially as they et older but you'll find they will probably be really close and that is beautiful to see xx

I'm going to have two under two, ds1 will just barely be 14 months when my due date comes. I'm excited and terrified. But I know many women who do it, some even that had a hard time with one and did great with their two under two. I figure if so many others can do it so can I!

Me! My toodler just turned 2 and is very needy with me. Hates when big brother sits w me and will try to make him move. He is also very rough so this has scared me=(

I'm 37 weeks with #2 and #1 is almost 15 months. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into but I'm ready to take on the challenge!

My two have two years between them Chad was due 2 weeks after CJ turned two .
It was hard tk start with but it gets easier routine is the key I hVe both mine in bed by 7pm and have my evenings to my self
watching them play melts me and altho they fight lol they love each other so much
I'll have just under a two year age gap this time and scared again but hey we manage ull do great Hun x

Hello all feels soooo weird to finally be posting in third tri I'm 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant! And cannot believe I've made it this far with our healthy baby with loosing his twin really early on, so I'm feeling beyond blessed!! My question is are there any other mums to be who will have two under two? My boys have the same due date just two years apart, so we will have just missed it so to speak...I've been preparing my son as much as possible for the new baby moved all the babies things into his room
Quite early on, set the Moses basket up in mummy and daddy's room my scan picture is in a frame on the side he's been to all my medical appointments for Jenson (baby) he's been so good up until now, he now keeps trying to hide my tummy if it pops out of clothes etc feeling slightly anxious! And know I'll be an emotional wreck when they meet for the first time!

My daughter was 20 months to the day when my son was born. My son was high needs at first and really colicky and refluxy he is now 3 months old. And honestly it hasn't been as hard as I expected. Don't get me wrong we have bad days really bad days. I'm by myself 90% of the time and manage just fine and I ebf.
I think the smaller gap has been better because my daughter was too young to be jealous where as now she is starting to show signs of a but of jealousy and the terrible 2s have started early for us.

Top tip I would say is get your first in a good routine if he isn't already. That way number 2 will just slot in to your life! Also baby wearing does help a lot as well x

This is my second set of two under 2. My first two are 20 months apart. This baby and my last will be 18 months apart. 5 under 8 total.

This is the third time I'm having 2 under 2! My kids have all been 15-18 months apart. It's crazy in the beginning, and there's a lot of juggling needs, but honestly the time goes by fast, and before you know it, they're laughing together and the little one is crawling around after the bigger one, and they both want to play with the same toys and play the same games. :flower:

My youngest 2 will be 17-18 months apart. I'm a little apprehensive but more due to the fact I have a nearly 4 year old aswell and I don't want her to feel pushed out in the future (more relevant if we have a third girl I guess) I'm sure it will all work itself out though, fc for a boy maybe lol ;)

So lovely to hear all your stories! Thanks girls 😁! I'm on my own 90% of the time so need to do the right things in order for my life to run as smoothly as possible with two under two haha! I was planning on EBF but have bought bottles and a steriliser as a back up so DH can help when I've just had enough! Will express for aslong as I can! Any mummies have any good tips on putting new baby in the same room as a toddler, Jenson (baby) will be in with us until he sleeps Through is 6 months etc but the boys will be sharing and I think my biggest fear is baby waking Hayden (2 year old) up through the night so I'll be juggling two when DH is working away etc...I don't want to live on the sofa lol I like my bed too much! xx

Chad shares with CJ and they never wake each other up :) both mine sleep thru but even if there Ill r CJ wakes for a wee they don't wake each other altho CJ does wake Chad sometimes in a morning when r wakes up lol x
Chad stil woke once in night when he went in with CJ but quickly started sleeping through X try not to worry X

My first 2 are 27 months apart and I hated that age gap! My two year old at the time that baby was born was going through the worst terrible twos ever and was very demanding. She made juggling and adjusting really really difficult and I have full time help! This time we decided on a third and my girls will be 3 and 5 at the time of new baby and for us that perfect! The 2 year gap traumatized me but it's really because of my then demonic toddler. My second dd is an angel and I think if I had another with her being 2 it would be fine it was really justy first the problem xx

My 1st 2 are 14 months apart and DS1 wasn't bothered by him. There was a bigger gap between them and DS3. DS2 was a few months off turning 4, wanted nothing to do with the baby for a few months. Would sit and admire from a discussion lol and there will be 23 months between DS3 and DD. Hes still in our room for now so im hoping he will be ok letting the new baby sleep in our room instead of him. All my kids love each other to bits and get on well *most* of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->