Tyler Robert has arrived! 30/11/11

youngmummy94

Tylers Mummy !
Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit late, been super busy.

On the Monday morning I had my bloody show around 9am, didn't think much of it though and just did the usual. Around 11am I started having what I thought were BH but they were alot stronger but not painful. These continued all day and at night OH & I went for a long walk to try to get things moving. At about 11pm I had my first painful contraction, they went on all night but NEVER got closer together, just more painful. At 6am I rung L&D and they told me to stay home until they were 3 minutes apart.. so I waited.. and waited, and they never did. At 5pm I went into L&D as MIL insisted I went to get checked.. I was monitored for an hour then checked and I was 3-4cm!

I was admitted into a room and left to labor myself but they still weren't close together. At 11:30pm they broke my waters and then the contractions became about every 3-4 minutes apart and very painful, where I could barely walk or talk through them. I kept going for a few hours and when they checked I was only just on 5cm. I was in so much pain so decided for the epidural which was amazing. I got to have a rest and at 6am I was at 9cm! They said once I reached 10cm they would turn the epi off so I could feel the urge to push, so at 8am they turned it off. The contractions came on very hard and fast lasting about 90 seconds every minute. I was going well with pushing at first but then I was in immense pain and could barely even push anymore.. Tyler had turned posterior and they had to manually turn him, which was really horrible pain. They told me to keep pushing (it had been over 1.5hrs) and I was exhausted, I kept going and eventually he still wasn't coming down so they had to intervene. He was delivered via forceps at 11.15am weighing 7lbs 14oz and he was 51.5cms long. I had to have an episiotomy and I tore twice, only one required stitches though.

He is really an amazing little baby he sleeps so well, all worth the pain and drama.

Here's some pictures of him.

Attachments

• our son.jpg
    our son.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 16
  • tylerbaby.jpg
    tylerbaby.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ttyyyler.jpg
    ttyyyler.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
Congratulations! Ive been waiting to see what he looks like, he is very handsome! Glad to hear the pain was worth it and he is a good little baby :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->