Type 1 Diabetic -Insulin pumper ttc

Yeah, I like spooning at the minute as it means that my boobs are as far away from DH as possible! :holly:

Our little wriggler decided to be very sleepy and in the wrong position for our 12 week scan this week, so I'm glad I got to see bubs wriggling on Monday. They've decided to bump me up a week, which is a bit worrying as I've got until 38 weeks (now 37) to go into labour naturally, before they opt for the section, so they've just cut a week off! Am starting to get the impression that the cards maya be stacked.

My sugars are fairly low, my last hba1c was 45 (6.3 in the old format), so dropping quickly!

How are you getting on? When are you going on maternity leave? You're on the final stretch, so enjoy it, life will never be the same again!!! Lol.

Just think, this time next year there'll be a little chocolate covered boy in your arms!!! You'll be running around after him (if he's crawling) with baby wipes coming out of your ears! It doesn't sound it, but it's so much fun! :happydance:

I hope everyone is doing well.

How are you shellshocked?

:flower:

Haha yes that's very true !! My partner just gets given the glare and his like no ? I'm like definitely not. :haha:

Oh no really , baby didn't want to co operate this time , really good that you did get to see how active baby was on the scan before , wow that is worrying not that you have enough to manage already your now on a time scale to go naturally , I really hope things work out for the best for you and things will get moving in the future when they need to .

I don't understand the new way they say hba1cs I still use the old way lol .

Oh yes I can imagine everything is going to change and very soon too lol .
I'm now 34 weeks so very excited I'm feeling tired again now and belly is very heavy , I'm 5 foot 2 and well the bump has just taken over , I rested bump on partner last night I said to him you take the weight for a little while :haha:

Hopefully if he is crawling he decides to crawl to daddy covered in chocolate lol .

When will your next scan be will it be your 20 week scan , I have my next scan in roughly 2 weeks and hopefully a date for induction . Fingers crossed .

Hope everyone is doing well .

Hello everyone,

Glad to see you are all doing well. I've been okay had a bit of spotting but no scan for me. hospital have told me I will only be scanned as a regular patient and once extra for the fetal cardiology scan at 24 weeks. I've been told to sort out a community midwife appointment and have my GP deal with anything to do with other medication apart from my diabetes. last time round the hospital dealt with everything evry two weeks I saw endo, midwife, obstetrician and had a scan all in one morning~ current set up having so manyappointments with different people who don't know what each other are doing is a waste of the NHSs money and as a teacher I'm missing so many lessons it's like the cuts to one frontline service aren't considered to another. Robbing Peter to pay Paul when Peter and Paul are in the same predicament financially. Oh wow rant over. Very hormonal, worried and generally feel not very looked after.

Hello everyone,

Glad to see you are all doing well. I've been okay had a bit of spotting but no scan for me. hospital have told me I will only be scanned as a regular patient and once extra for the fetal cardiology scan at 24 weeks. I've been told to sort out a community midwife appointment and have my GP deal with anything to do with other medication apart from my diabetes. last time round the hospital dealt with everything evry two weeks I saw endo, midwife, obstetrician and had a scan all in one morning~ current set up having so manyappointments with different people who don't know what each other are doing is a waste of the NHSs money and as a teacher I'm missing so many lessons it's like the cuts to one frontline service aren't considered to another. Robbing Peter to pay Paul when Peter and Paul are in the same predicament financially. Oh wow rant over. Very hormonal, worried and generally feel not very looked after.

Oh shellshocked, I'm sorry that you feel that way, completely justifiable if you ask me. I hate it when they take the fragmented approach to everything. Will you still see the endo and obs in your diabetic appointment? If so, I'd ask them to deal with any issues at your appointment anyway and by-pass the gp completely, if possible. My gp is useless and never knows what I'm talking about or how some medications can affect my diabetes, and I'm meant to trust their judgement, yeah right!!! (Ps, I'm just saying that my gp is useless, it's not a general sweeping statement before any dr decides to try and bite back)

I do have to be booked in with the community midwife, which is annoying, like you say, they don't have a clue what each other is ever doing and it takes up 15 minutes just trying to explain things, but then it is nice to have someone in my local town and not in the city, so I can live with that.

That's also crummy about the scan when you're spotting. Is that your midwife who's said that she won't refer you, or the hospital? Do you have an early pregnancy clinic that you could pop into if you're worried?

Even if you do have to go around the houses for everything (which like I say, is so annoying, time consuming and at times, ridiculous) it'll be worth it when your little bundle is here.

I hope that things smooth out soon. :flower:

Hello everyone,

Hey shellshocked ,

wow no wonder you feel like your not being looked after . As does sound a lot different to the care you received before can totally understand as you feel your being past to different people who are not going to tally up together at the end and will have different opinions .
Hope the pregnancy is going ok and your feeling ok in yourself too .
Hope the situation gets sorts out for you .

Take care of yourself. :flower:

Hi all
Feeling less bonkers today but also ,much more stressed than my last pregnancy. Still haven't managed to get a booking appointment with the community midwife despite leaving several messages. I have a scan tomorrow so terrified about that. Diabetes seems to be going fine apart from hour after eating which is always 9/10 if I get it lower I spend the rest of the time hypo tbh I spend a lot of the time hypo anyway:wacko:

I hope you're all well and pregnancies are progressing without hiccup.

Hi,

It's been a while, but how is everyone getting on?

DueinMay, did you get your induction date? Just think, it's very nearly the month that you're due!!! I bet your super excited!

Shellshocked, did you manage to get booked in with the midwife? I hope everything is a bit less stressful for you and that the hypos have calmed down a little.

I'm still managing to get away comparatively lightly, though a MAJOR craving for ice cream has kicked in, not the best one I could have picked! Oh well! Anyway It's all the baby's fault for now, so I'm going to try and make the most of it whilst I can! Tehehe!

HI ladies,

Things seem to have calmed down a bit and I have finally got a date for my booking appointment which is 13th of May. (Same day as the 12 week scan, though I will be 13 weeks) interestingly my insulin requirements are pretty stable and have been lower than normal so perhaps this is a more atypical diabetic pregnancy Compared to when I had my son. Still at the hospital fortnightly and work is hellIish- majorly stressful.

Hope all is well and everything is progressing nicely. 😊

Hey , glad your both doing well .

I haven't been on for a while , as shocking as it is I have my baby lol !!

Lucas was born at 35+6 weeks by emergency c section on the 18/4/2015 .
At 15.20 weighing 7 pounds .
Wow what a journey !! I got admitted to hospital to keep and eye on me as I could not stop hypoing 4-6 times a day no matter what I done with my insulin intake . There was talk of me being induced and baby coming early as he also wasn't meeting the ctg scans so went in on Wednesday , Friday a different doctor discharges me !! So I ring back saying I don't feel this is right nothing's been sorted then my doctors fuming saying I shouldn't of got discharged and got re admitted friday night . So because what was going on the plan was to be induced Monday ! Well that also didn't go to plan he had really not met the ctg scan Saturday morning and they said that they needed baby now so I was rushed down to theatre and before I knew it I had my baby . It has been crazy he had to go down to baby unit as he had low bloods and I didn't have him for four days which was horrible luckily I could go see him but I hated seeing him down there . Thankfully he stabled himself and we got him a back then both got discharged and sent home . I'm still a bit sore from c section but were both doing well and his doing brilliantly , my family have been so supportive and I really couldn't of got through it without my fiancé , his been there every step of the way and more .

Congratulations DueinMay!!!

Your experience sounds very similar to DS' birth story, lots of hypos and reduced movements, scary! I'm so glad that you are both safe and well. Do you find yourself just watching him sleep? Lol. I hope that your section recovery is quick, just remember to take it easy and give all the heavy lifting jobs to OH.

I'm glad things are going a little smoother for you too shellshocked, not much longer to wait for your scan! I bet it will be a weight off your mind to have it sorted and hopefully cut down on the time away from work if they're both on the same day. I'm lucky that I've been able to cut right back on work, for the sake of my sanity, pregnancy, diabetes and work is not an easy mix!

Good news all round! :flower:

Hello everyone.

I hope all is going well and everyone is happy And healthy. Managed to get my hba1c to 6.4 so not too bad, a little way to go though .

How is life treating you all?
😊

Hi,

How did your appointments go today Shellshocked? Congrats on your hba1c!

My pregnancy is a bit rough at the minute, so much for morning sickness being a first trimester symptom! On top of that I've also had a sickness bug with the rest of the family which has absolutely wrecked me! I'm ready for a holiday and some nice sunshine!

Hey ,

Long time since we caught up , how's did everyone's birth to and how are all your babies. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->