ugh my boss!!

xcharx

Reaction score
Got a text off my boss (was sent to all carers) saying that if your ill you can't ring in sick until 9am.. i text back what if your starting at 6.30am? The calls need to be covered asap.. boss texts back saying you have to still start work & carry on til 9am when they'll hopefully beable to cover your work & we should use common sense!!.

Seriously? Is it legal to make someone work when their ill?
Feel like catching rabies just to give to everyone out of spite :growlmad:
Cx

Errr, no they cant make you come in when you are ill. What if you give it to all the people you care for? I like how they said use your common sense, well common sense if you have a sniffle fair enough but you cant go to work for three hours and vomit on people :wacko:

Ps. This is a really open area of the forum, so you might want it moved x

Couldn't think of where else to put it lol!!

Soo annoyed

Cx

Lol, I just didnt want it spotted by anyone at work :flower:

I would be very annoyed too x

Nope!
Can at 6.30 and then its their problem, unfortunately, people do get sick, hence why companies have proceedures and regulations and SSP in place.
x

Gosh I don't know where you're caring but eg my nan has carers she's very frail I would be fuming if I thought her health was being put at risk because people can't cover sick workers. Actually can't believe your boss is asking you to do that! If youre sick you're sick how can you work??!

Erm, i'm fairly sure that isn't legal :wacko:

sound like something my company would do! they are really putting it on you there, i would ring at least an hour before a shift. you will get moaned at but they are paid to cover oncall. in homecare, if your are ill you might pass it on to the customer or it may affect you care you provide!
ignore it, they are trying it on x

Companies are crazy.
One my Mom worked for wanted to cut down on loobreaks so you had to ask permission and tell them when you were on your period so they could be more lenient...
:wacko:

Companies are crazy.
One my Mom worked for wanted to cut down on loobreaks so you had to ask permission and tell them when you were on your period so they could be more lenient...

:shock: no way would I be telling people when I was on my period nor ask for permission for the toilet, they can hardly say no and make you wet yourself any way.

Companies are crazy.

:shock: no way would I be telling people when I was on my period nor ask for permission for the toilet, they can hardly say no and make you wet yourself any way.

I know, crazy! She refused to do it :thumbup:

Companies are crazy.

Wow that's nuts! Where I worked we had to ask to go to the toilet, but thats because we weren't allowed to just get up and walk off from our checkouts. It wasn't so much asking more like telling them you needed to go and they'd either tell you to close your till or get someone to take you off. Unless it was busy then they'd ask you to wait:dohh: I'm glad I have the freedom to get up and go to the loo without having to inform anyone now though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->