Ugh. Shouldn't have gotten checked. So discouraged.

babytimeee

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't have, but out of morbid curiosity I had my OB check me today. 39 weeks and completely closed. I didn't get a station number but the doctor made it sound like he can't get lower.. and I'm measuring 34 weeks--up til last week I was spot on, so he is definitely engaged (especially since I constantly feel like I need to poop a baby out lol). Still so upset though.. I can't help but feel that I'll go over. My daughter came right on her due date.. I was 1cm 70% with her at this point.. 0cm and 80% with little man now.. frustrating.

Maybe there's hope I won't go over? :(

It doesn't mean anything, I've been 1cm dilated since 24 weeks.

Xx

Things can change very quickly, I don't think it means you're not going to go into labour anytime soon :)

I was completely closed until a few hours before I had my lg!!

With my dd I dilated to 3 and effaced 100% weeks before active labor, she was born morning of 40+5 with my water breaking at 10 cm and pushing for an hour (12 hr total)..

With ds I was checked the afternoon of 38+6 and was 1 cm 0% and baby not dropped at all... Literally an HOUR after leaving the hospital my water broke, I went back in at 7cm, 2 pushes later he was born (1.5 hr total).

From my experience progress before active labor means absolutely nothing. Xx

With dd I was checked and had absolutely no changes to the cervix, she hadn't even dropped and I had her 3 days later at 36 and 6.

Cervical checks are about as useful as a hole in the head I think lol

Go for a walk, or sit on a birthing ball to try and get things moving - it will happen soon

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"