Ugh :(

M

merakola

So prenatal vitamins SUCK!! Im definitely switching to Flintstones ASAP. Ive been dealing with because I know my iron is low but tonight I threw up so bad ( sorry TMI) it was disgusting. I havent thrown up since I had epilepsy as a child . I probably sound like a brat but ugh I hate throwing up it hurts so bad. :cry: At least I feel better tho:shrug:
pointless thread but kind of wanted to rant since DH wasnt listening to me ( snoring his butt off right now)

My prenatals made me sick too, I switched to vitafusion prenatal gummies and they haven't made me sick once :flower:

:hugs: throwing up sucks, hope you find a good alternative. have you tried asking your doctor what else you could have?? xx

:hugs: throwing up sucks, hope you find a good alternative. have you tried asking your doctor what else you could have?? xx

Im going to call today but I have a feeling they are closed today:cry: So if they dont pick I think I will just go ahead and buy some flintstones tonight. It was soo horrible last night it was like burning my chest :cry: yuck.

When I do take the flintstones should I take one in the day and one at night or should I take two together at one time?

My prenatals made me sick too, I switched to vitafusion prenatal gummies and they haven't made me sick once :flower:

ive heard about those ; do they have any iron in them?

They don't have iron or calcium, but they have everything else. My dr told me they were fine, but if either one of those got low she'd just give me a separate pill to take along with my gummies.

Have you tried taking the prenatal with a meal and a full glass of water? That was the only way I could stomach them in my first and second trimester.

Have you tried taking the prenatal with a meal and a full glass of water? That was the only way I could stomach them in my first and second trimester.

Yep. I took them with a full glass of water and it still makes me feel like crap. Its like they leave this horrible feeling in my throat because they are so big and I start to get really nauseous. I tried taking them with juice and soda and the same thing happens. At one point I started taking them at night so I will sleep threw it and it was working for a little until a couple of days ago. And last night was horrible, even though I ate a full meal it still made me feel bad. :shrug:

They don't have iron or calcium, but they have everything else. My dr told me they were fine, but if either one of those got low she'd just give me a separate pill to take along with my gummies.

Yea I heard those are really good and they dont taste bad at all. I will just need a separate iron pill . I will ask my OB about them.:flower:

Have you tried maybe just a generic store brand? I take Walgreen's prenatal just because they are smaller and easier to get down, but they also don't make me sick! I really hope you figure it out cause I hated throwing up, it scares me lol

Have you tried maybe just a generic store brand? I take Walgreen's prenatal just because they are smaller and easier to get down, but they also don't make me sick! I really hope you figure it out cause I hated throwing up, it scares me lol

Yea I was taking those before I had my first dr appt and they were working fine. I still have some left so im going to go back to them until I see my dr. lol i know what you mean. I havent had morning sickness at all and I was sooo happy because i HATE throwing up its hurts so bad. Sometimes when I had my seizures when I was little I use to throw up and I just hated with a passion. Last night was just horrible:cry:

I took flinstones complete with my first pregnancy and Im taking them with this one. I take 2 a day so it equals prenatal content.

When I was pregnant with Aaron, I was taking prenatals and thought I had horrible morning sickness. As soon as I switched to Flinstones, no more "morning sickness!" Truth is that it was just the prenatals making me throw up!!!!

Oh and they are chewable, but later into my pregnancy I couldnt stand the taste, so I swallow them whole like an actual pill xx

I took flinstones complete with my first pregnancy and Im taking them with this one. I take 2 a day so it equals prenatal content.

When I was pregnant with Aaron, I was taking prenatals and thought I had horrible morning sickness. As soon as I switched to Flinstones, no more "morning sickness!" Truth is that it was just the prenatals making me throw up!!!!

yea i think i will just get those. I will not take the prescribed ones again. I told myself not to take them last night but I was worried about my iron. NEVER AGAIN. did you take the flintstones 2 at one time or one in the day and one at night?

I take a generic store brand vitamin that made me a bit more sick but I started taking them at night right before I went to sleep which has worked great so far. But half way into second trimester I had low iron levels, which is common, so my doctor has me taking Slow Fe once a day with my prenatal vitamain (which also has iron in it). I'm sure it's okay to take your old prenatal vitamins until you can call your doctor and I would mention the Slow Fe iron pills. Then you could probably take a generic prenatal vitamin and an iron supplement once a day and it would work just as well as your current prenatals:) Hopefully you find something soon!

yea i think i will just get those. I will not take the prescribed ones again. I told myself not to take them last night but I was worried about my iron. NEVER AGAIN. did you take the flintstones 2 at one time or one in the day and one at night?

1 in the morning 1 at night but with this pregnancy I am just taking two at one time. Doctor said either way was fine :) I think it might be better to take 2 at one time in case you forget or wonder "did i take one already today?" because baby brain hit me hard lol!! xx

1 in the morning 1 at night but with this pregnancy I am just taking two at one time. Doctor said either way was fine :) I think it might be better to take 2 at one time in case you forget or wonder "did i take one already today?" because baby brain hit me hard lol!! xx

lol yea im going to pick some up tomorrow. I use to take flintstones when i was little and i use to LOVE THEM because they tasted so good :haha:

OT: that pic of your LO in your avatar is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin cute.:flower:

I take a generic store brand vitamin that made me a bit more sick but I started taking them at night right before I went to sleep which has worked great so far. But half way into second trimester I had low iron levels, which is common, so my doctor has me taking Slow Fe once a day with my prenatal vitamain (which also has iron in it). I'm sure it's okay to take your old prenatal vitamins until you can call your doctor and I would mention the Slow Fe iron pills. Then you could probably take a generic prenatal vitamin and an iron supplement once a day and it would work just as well as your current prenatals:) Hopefully you find something soon!

Yea I use to take Slow Fe before I found out i was pregnant to keep my iron up.I think im going to get the flintstones because they taste a lot better. Even the over the counter prenatals that I have made me a little queasy but nothing to complain about ( they smell really funny tho:wacko: ) thanks!:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->