Uh oh. O_O

Deutschette

Mum of 1!
Reaction score
My husband and I DTD this morning and, like the silly man that he is, he didn't pull out. We have a daughter who is 3 weeks, 4 days old and my postpartum bleeding just stopped a couple of days ago. How soon can I take a pregnancy test? I will have a 6-week checkup soon, but I would like to know if I can take a test before then which would give me accurate results. It may seem like a silly question, coming from someone who has already gone through pregnancy once, but our daughter was a surprise, so I'm not completely sure when to take a test.

We have agreed that we would love to have another baby and my husband wants to have our children as close together as possible, age-wise, but due to having given birth via c-section, I'm currently at a risk. I need time to heal, at least a year, according to the surgeon. I know that we should have used protection, but it can't be undone, so any comments about that can be skipped.

Also, are my chances of becoming pregnant right now high?

You have to wait about two weeks before you can take a pregnancy test and get reliable results. I think the chances that you are fertile now are quite low but I know it does happen for women to find out they are pregnant again at six week check. Are you bottle feeding, that would make it a lot more likely that you could get pregnant again already. Hope you get the right results for your situation and maybe sort out contraception so that you can give your body time to recover hun.

You have to wait about two weeks before you can take a pregnancy test and get reliable results. I think the chances that you are fertile now are quite low but I know it does happen for women to find out they are pregnant again at six week check. Are you bottle feeding, that would make it a lot more likely that you could get pregnant again already. Hope you get the right results for your situation and maybe sort out contraception so that you can give your body time to recover hun.

Yeah, I'm bottle feeding, as I wasn't able to properly breastfeed my LO, unfortunately. I read somewhere that ovulation doesn't occur until as early as 4 weeks after giving birth... is that true?

If you don't want to be pregnant theres the morning after pill that can be taken up to 72 hrs after sex, i had a c-section and was told 18 months before conceiving. your scars wont be fully healed, then again by the time you get big you may be healed enough, good luck in whatever you decide to do xx

Most tests say that if you aren't sure when AF should arrive then you should wait 19 days after unprotected sex to test. While it is possible to get PG within 4 weeks of having a baby I would think that your particular chances are quite low since you just finished your post partum bleed a few days ago. I would wait at least two weeks before testing and then keep in mind that it can still take a few months before AF returns, even when bottle feeding. Good luck and I hope you get the result you want here in a few weeks. Try your best not to think about it, therefore driving yourself crazy.

The surgeon cleaned me out pretty well and my regular postpartum bleeding lasted just short of 3 weeks. Now, 8 days later, it looks like AF may have arrived this morning. It's brownish-red and not a ton, but enough for a pad.

I didn't expect to get my period just 4 weeks and a day after giving birth... is this normal? :wacko: I attempted to breastfeed for 5 days or so before switching to formula.

I think in the What to Expect book it says that AF can return as early as 4 weeks in moms who bottlefeed. Also the brownish-red could just mean that it's left overs from your post partum bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->