Uhm... Rather Gross Question about Bleeding?

Cael

Reaction score
So, I had my period about a week ago, on time, only it was really light and only lasted half a day. Just shrugged at it, 'cause it was at the right time, so whatever. Lovey (my name for the bf, who will forever be a bf because neither of us believe in marriage, so please don't join my dr. in assuming I'm not ready just because I'm not married... and yes, I'm planning on changing drs because of that) joked that I might be pregnant, but I'm not - peed on a stick this morning to make sure, so if I am, it's like... barely. Anyway. The question bit, now that I've given some rather... ADD-looking background that's probably left more questions than answers...

So, yesterday (last night) I started bleeding a little bit. It was very light, and kind of a muddy brown. I know that can be old blood, or blood with high or low (can never remember which) iron content. Given that my period was more like spotting, I just kind of shrugged and was like "okay, then." This morning, it's still super light and muddy brown, kind of sludgy looking in my mind. Anyway, I like to clean very thoroughly downstairs especially during my period when I shower, and I noticed something weird: on top of being brown, it's gritty, and it looks like it has like... little bits of fleshy-colored gritty gunk in it. I've never had this happen before, so naturally my first response is a Google search. Most of the things I found that way were women concerned about miscarriages....

So... Has anybody else had this issue? Was it reason for concern? Should I schedule another dr. visit with this dr. about it, since I haven't found another one yet?

That does sound strange since you had your period just a week ago and it was spotting. With miscarriages there are awful cramps and pains, but maybe schedule a dr appointment to get their opinion and advice about what it may be x

The period a week ago was super light and short, this one's being heavy and long. First heavy, long one since before I was first on birth control six years ago, so... I'm thinking my period is just regulating itself. The gritty-gunk was done with after a day, and the blood is now bright red.... So hopefully this means the b/c is enough out of my system? I'll ask the doctor when I go in next, I have regular visits. I've been off it for about three months, but I know it can take up to a year for it to leave the body's system, or so says the doctor.

Ive had my period maybe twice that i can recall start off muddy brown like old blood- and then go to bright red blood when its been late and then get very heavy. with M/c yes usually intense cramping and very painful. Clotting but nothing like gritty - just clots small and large and usually for me anyway in the past- starts with some red spotting and increases.

What I think about is this - When I was like 14 - (much older now lol) I tried to flush my system and i remember having a "period" that was like what you are describing. It was like sludge almost - SO this is why i ask this - did you do any type of cleansing or change of diet at all. All i did was drink an heavy intake of water an thats what happened to me-
And yes- The BC can take up to about 3 months- I saw my period regulate itself shortly after the three months. That cycle i described at the top with brown and then heavy - I was about 2 wks late and it started brown , then bright red heavy - etc.. then i went to a normal period -normal cycle- I hope you get your answer either way! :)

No, no new diet. Lasted longer than what I've become accustomed to as a normal period, thank you birth control, but given how long I've been off of it... I'm now thinking it was just my first real period after being on b/c for so long. Thanks, though!

New to this site, but feeling a little anxious. Hubby and I are TTC #1. Had "old blood" the day before my period, which only lasted 3 days. Normally, I don't have"old blood" at all, my periods last between 4-5 days and my last day was very light, which is unlike the usual. My husband and I have already gone through 1 MC about a year ago. We are hoping to be one of the lucky ones soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->