UK - Did you see the midwife at the doctors or at the hospital first?

lilmissmup

Mummy to Maddie
Reaction score
I am looking to use the hospital in the town which my doctors doesn't cover so not sure there is any point going to see the midwife at my doctors just once or should I just ring the hospital direct and book in with them?

I think you have to go to the midwife then ask they refer you to the alternative hospital. You'll still need midwife appointments between hospital ones. In my first pregnancy I only went to the hospital for my. 12 and 20 wk scans x

I had to call my local area midwives and its all done at the hospital now for me...
Mine is a small hospital not our main NHS one though x

I meant go to hospital to see midwife team there. The midwife at my doctors only deals with other hospital.

We are hopefully moving back to near the hospital I want to use and we are halfway between both anyway!

It depends on your NHS trust I think. Here we have 2 options. You can go and see your GP and they will refer you to the midwife service, or you can send in a "self-referral" form to the antenatal unit at the hospital and they sort out your first midwife appointment and 12 week scan. I have done both and when I self-referred they lost my form so I got to 10 weeks and still hadn't heard anything! I think I'll go via GP this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->