• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UK- Flu Jab anyone?

cooch

Mummy to one gorgeous boy
Reaction score
I have my early scan this week as I had ivf and they need to check it's not ectopic, and then the following week I have my booking appointment. so far I've had no info on the flu jab other than the scaremongering radio adverts. I've read not to have it until second trimester but dh is beginning to give me a hard time.

I really don't want to have it if there's the slightest risk to the baby and tbh I don't trust info from our govt.

Has anyone had any official info on this?

I've been thinking about this too, I also had IVF and have my first scan on Thursday. I won't have my booking appointment until 10 weeks so I'm guessing they will give official info then? Right now I've decided I'm not having it but I'm keeping an open mind and will listen to medical advice. My DH agrees now to have it.

My midwife told me to get it ASAP when I saw her at 8 weeks. I asked her , the GP receptionist and clinician if there was any reason to wait till after 12 weeks and they all said no just get it as soon as poss. I had it Wednesday just gone which would have been about 11 weeks

Are you in the uk? The one they are giving is safe in pregnancy. I had it the friday before i found out i was pregnant but i would have had it regardless I just wouldn't have had to pay for it!!

My dr told me to book it in so i have and I'm having it next week, there is no risk in any trimester, and if you catch the flu you can miscarry so i decided to get mine asap xx

I would never have the flu jab, i have done alot of research on the risks and benefits and its got all sorts of chemicals in there that i wouldn't put into my body even if i wasn't pregnant. But then i'm against most pharmacutical. There are plenty of have it and plenty that don't, its a personal choice :)

I have it every year due to asthma.. Had it while pregnant with my son and it was fine :) had it on Monday just gone this time too :flower:

Will be having it after 12 weeks. That's what i was advised with Ds so will be doing same this time. Have it every year anyway...

Anyone allergic/intolerant to eggs and had the flu jab?? I understand that they culture it in egg, which I am intolerant to, so am a bit wary of going ahead.

I had my pregnancy confirmed by my GP on Thursday and he did it there and then x

I had it with DD towards the end of first tri. Trying to hold off as long as possible this time, despite two texts from my go urging me to go! I haven't even told gp I'm pregnant, but the EPAU must have sent them a report.

My midwife mentioned it during my booking appointment; 'we recommend that you have the flu jab if you want to have it' was basically all she said about it.

I've never had the flu jab before so I don't know how I react to it but I have also never had the flu and now I'm pregnant I'm probably at less risk of being infected by it because I can't do my job anymore. I spoke to my pharmacist about it as I trust him to be honest with me and give me straight information and he said he thinks I'd be fine without out when I shared my concerns.

I don't know what to do about the whooping cough vaccine later on.

My MW advised me we have a whooping cough epidemic at the moment because a lot of people moving here from other countries don't vaccinate as standard. She explained that it can be very serious to young babies and me getting the vaccine will immunise my baby until they are old enough to get the vaccine themselves so I will be getting it but it's a personal choice.

I'm in two minds now with all the replies. Although have though I'd definitely get the whooping caugh one as it's much later on in the pregnancy.

I had it with DS and will with this one.

I had my flu jab when the nurse confirmed I was pregnant, according to my emergency scan, I was measuring around 4 weeks..

I've read nothing about the flu jab and feel so silly looking back and not looking into it!

I was told at my booking appointment to have the flu jab as women get very poorly if they get flu when pregnant I had my flu jab last week I am 10 weeks pregnant

I'm in the UK and classed high risk and should have it even when I am not pregnant.

I won't be having it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"