UK girls: Smear tests?

S

Serene123

Do I just ring the doctors and ask for an appointment for one :blush:

Never had one before :blush:

yes just ring your gps. I rung the other day they is clinic you can go to too but i think that would depend on where you live.

I know my doc refused my sister because she was under 25 for getting one - how shit is that.

Hopefully your doc is diff :) XxX

yes they dont usally do it under 25, but i think its different if you have had a child, i got called for one when i had my son i was 18 then, ive just been called for another but think this one is because ive hit 25.

Yeah I'm sure I got a letter about having one just after I had Caitlyn

You have to be over 25 , i had a letter but i went there and refused as im not 24-25.

wonder if it depends on areas then, i had one done when i was 18 and they sent me for, just ring em up see what they say.

Ive had two done and im 21 so must depend on the area...

I'm sure my sister got a letter for one when she turned 16 :wacko: Yeah I'll call them.

I don't know if I've ever had one done :wacko: I have had several inernal examinations since having Anna where they took swabs but they were checking for infections so I don't know if they would have done a smear? When I got one of the results back they said I had cervical errosion but nothing else...

I don't think I have had a smear... I might have had one done when I had a miscarriage / after I was diagnosed with Chlamydia... but I'm not sure - If I did have one done I was never told about it! :lol:

Most places don't do them under 25. Some offer them after you have had a baby. I have been asked before if my smears are up to date by a doctor but they didn't them offer to do one!? Weird.

I think unless there is cause for concern (like funny CM / STIs / lumps) they won't generally do one. You can always request one, though and see what they say. If your doctor won't do one, you could try a GUM clinic? I'm sure that a sexual health clinic would not refuse you if you requested a smear done.

Good luck! *hugs*

PS: Don't worry. The chances you have cervical cancer are very very low. :hugs:

Ive had two done and im 21 so must depend on the area...

In Scotland it's 20. Every doc I've spoken to up here thinks the age of 25 in England is mental. I still haven't one done yet!

In wales its also 20, strange how it works considering we're all in the UK!

yep stupidly its 25 here! i think its bloody disgusting, though i would ring your gp toria and see. i had a couple done due to my hormonal problems but really must book one! i'm 24, going on 25 :)() he he). they're nothing to worry about toria, and you don't feel much, just discomfort x

In wales its also 20, strange how it works considering we're all in the UK!

yep hon it is! 20 is a much better age imo, i actually was talking about this whilst in labour :dohh: and my midwife said it was due to money cut backs here, pretty bad huh! x

It used to be 20 where I live but then they changed it to 25 so I had one when i was 20 and i've just sorted one out for next week.x

I've had to already. The second one was just before christmas and my first was at 21! I got a letter about going for the 1st one. Strange how its so different everywhere.

I've had 3 now as it was from 20 onwards when I was first called but then it changed about 4 years ago here to 25. Very bad I think x

When I was 20, the age for your first smear was 20 and so I duly went. I went back 3 years later at 23 as I was supposed to and was advised that the age had risen to 25 so to go away and come back 2 years later. I refused - my argument being that I started to have them done when it was set at 20, which it clearly was for a reason, and so I was sticking to having it done 3 yearly.

I am back next week for my next one. There was no way I was gong 5 years between them....xxx

Im going for one this week, Im going to demand it.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->