UK - Induction for high BP?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
I'm 38+3 and for the last few weeks have had constant appointments for monitoring my blood pressure and babys heartrate as both have been high. As I've had no symptpms of pre eclampsia and baby has been moving well they've not done anything so far but I just wondered how likely they are to induce me before or on/around my due date? Anyone have any experience of this? I've heard they don't like to let you go overdue with high BP x

I had an issue with my bp last week. The first time in the whole of my pregnancy. I had no symptoms of high blood pressure like headaches, no protein in my urine and blood tests were ok. They monitored my bp over a few days and it went back down to normal. The docs put it down to anxiety. But they did mention to me as I was nearly 39 weeks pregnant when I started having a problem with my bp then they would consider inducing me. I would talk to your midwife about your options.

I was induced at 37.5 with high BP last time. I'm being monitored now for it and they've said should it increase they will induce me now that I'm 38weeks. Just not worth the risk. Thankfully my BP is sitting nicely at around 110/60 so not high in the slightest. I have had headaches and things tho.

Do you know what your BP was when they checked? Mine was 160/104 persistently when they induced me but I know they get tetchy when the bottom number starts to go over 90.

Xxx

My first pregnancy I had high blood pressure for the last few weeks of pregnancy, the monitored me closely and at around 38 weeks discussed inducing me as it went quite high, but they decided against it as it went back down. A few days before due date it went high again, and urine had protein source they induced me then.

I got high BP with my daughter. We had 3 x weekly appointments to have my BP and baby monitored. I was told I wasn't allowed past 40 weeks but in the end I was induced at 37 weeks because they couldn't keep it down. I had other factors like keytones in my urine, protein in my urine etc however never displayed pre-e symptoms..

This time I have the high blood pressure still (it never went away after my daughter) and I've been told I'm not allowed past 38 weeks but I also have gestational diabetes this time too. I found they literally went appointment to appointment - with my daughter on the Monday they said I wasn't allowed past 40 weeks but we would see what happened etc...went back on the Thursday and was induced immediately. They probably won't let you go past your due date if it remains high

:flow:

I had high blood pressure with my daughter from 34 weeks it did turn into pre e and I was induced at 38+5 I had to go in 3x a week for non stress tests and BP monitered. I like kylie did not get rid of the high BP after I delivered so have been on medication from day one with this baby. It will likely depend on if you get other symptoms and how high the BP gets xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->