UK ladies - maternity clothes

Scarlett2

Family of five!
Reaction score
Hello ladies. I am after recommendations for where to buy the nicest maternity clothes. I have a bag full but I am now pregnant at a completely different time of year and all of my beautiful Summer maternity clothes will never get used! It has also been four years since I was last pregnant and things seem to have changed a bit. For example (according to the website) mamas and papas seem to be running down their maternity clothes altogether. (Not sure whether they intend to stop doing them at all or whether they are just waiting for the new season to come in.) Also no Boden maternity anymore. I have looked at the mothercare stuff and Next, which I quite like, but looking for some other ideas. Thanks!

It's terrible! So hard to find anything..especially black formal trousers for work!
I have been buying quite a lot online from h&m, new look and george

I was really disappointed to see there was no Boden maternity clothes! I wear a lot of Boden dresses and luckily the way a lot of them are cut, I'll still be able to wear them for awhile. I've been looking at New Look online, as they seem to have a lot of options, as well as Next.

New Look and Asda have been my winners so far, but if your budget will stretch, Jojo Maman Bebe have some truly beautiful things, just a bit out of my budget!

This time round I have got some bits in Asda / Mothercare sale and the majority of it from eBay! Cheapskate I know but all the stuff I got from eBay was either new or practically new. Especially my coat, I know that we're not going to be having anymore after this one and I couldn't justify spending a fortune on a coat that I would only wear one season - it cost £20 and is from Next!

When I was pregnant with dd I got most of my stuff from H&M. Liked it because it was about the only place you could try stuff on in store (not sure if its still the same) and it fitted the best. I got some leggings from Matalan, which were suprisingly thick/decent quality material. Also some 2nd hand bits off ebay too. I got away with wearing my normal winter woolly jumpers and my winter coat too.

I'm making do with my old stuff this time and hoping not to need to buy anything new.

I have got one dress from h&m and a few bits from Red Herring at debenhams. My fav is seraphine - I got a few dresses from there for weddings that I was attending this summer. And I just got a few bits from JoJoMaman Bebe. X

I've been looking at new look, peacocks, H&M and asos xxx

I just got loads of maternity clothes online from newlook seems to be best place x

I gave up trying to find any on the highstreet so I ended up buying 3 pairs of maternity leggings on eBay - plus 5 tunic tops (just normal ones as the maternial is stretchy) - perfect for the office. At the weekends I just wear large t-shirts and one of my old fleeces.

I also got a pretty dress from New Look which is in Autumn colours and I wear the leggings underneath it for warmth - it is a maternity dress and given how warm it still is atm I should get some decent use out of it before it gets TOO cold.

Thanks so much everyone. Yesterday I went to h and m and tried a few bits on, but it all looked ridiculous - I wonder whether being an older mum (38) means that some of these clothes are just not me?? Anyway I did try on a few bits in jojo maman Bebe and bought a couple of bits. I really really couldn't get my head round their wrap tops though. I have a huge mothercare near me and I'm going to pop in today, then it'll be online stuff I think. Thanks for the good ideas! X

Gap have a maternity section online, Isabella Oliver is lovely.

Great thread!!

I've really struggled with maternity wear, I bought a load of clothes from asos - all but one dress had to be returned as they didn't fit.

I also tried new look, H&M and vertbaudet. Again most items had to be sent back as the fit was completely wrong. Shame as the clothes were nice but they were either tiny of looked like a sack.

Next has been the most successful, i managed to get some jeans, a dress and a few tops, although I sent back black work trousers as they sagged at the front as if I had a willy lol!!!

Thanks for the tips about Asda and eBay, I'll take a look as I need a few more pieces I'm washing and rotating clothes every few days! X

Seraphine if you can stretch to it, they are great if you want to look lovely but be comfy for an occasion.

I also like matalan for lounge wear,I had the most comfortable pair of maternity yoga pants from there when I was pregnant with my son and hooe they have something similar this time!

I also like New Look too :)

I love h&m
Got 2 lovely pairs of jeans there and a winter coat- they also have really nice tops and shirts
I'm lucky that this pregnancy is 3 days different to my last pregnancy so I can use all my clothes again!

New look is good and I got some lovely maternity skinny jeans from mothercare...

My two favourites so far...

https://www.mothercare.com/Gypsy-Print-Maternity-Tunic-Top/LF3127,default,pd.html

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+stripe-maternity-dress-in-maternity-dresses+b4099

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->