UK mental health help

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Hi all

I had a mental health assessment today after seeing my GP a couple of weeks ago and being signed off with low mood. I know the reasons behind this. I'm a stressy person anyway, in a job I hate and to top it all off I had major family issues that just brought everything to a head. I'm also pregnant and am having a rough time physically so everything has just got too much.

After having the assessment today I've been told I have moderate anxiety and depression and been fast tracked for counselling (because I'm pregnant).

I know the right thing to do was to seek help before I've also got a newborn to contend with but I am a bit concerned about some of the questions. She asked if my ds is at risk of harm and if I can meet his basic care needs. Which he's not and I can. She asked if social services have ever been involved and then she asked his name and dob. They've never been involved. She said they were all standard questions but I am a bit concerned. I'd never do anything to place my kids at risk which is why I'm getting help now, and TBH my ds is the best thing in my life. I absolutely love being his mummy. I'm just concerned I'm now going to get social workers coming round, and poking their noses in creating issues where there aren't any.

Anyone been through this process before who can reassure me? Or maybe not reassure me but let me know if social services are going to be in touch? Tia.

Social services won't get involved. When I went for my assessment I admitted to attempting suicide with DD in her bed asleep (DH would be home soon so I thought the timing was good) I didn't get very far with it and I was not unable to care for her during or after but it's still note worthy. All that happened was that I saw my health visitor much more regularly until I got my therapy which was on a waiting list. It's a really common fear to have when it comes to mental health but unless your child is in danger they won't come to you

Thank you hun and I'm so sorry to hear of your struggle. I hope you're doing better now.

Thank you hun and I'm so sorry to hear of your struggle. I hope you're doing better now.
I am an enitirely different woman now and I owe it all to reaching out for help when I had DD. I've had happinesses I've never dreamt of, going to get assessed is so hard because it highlights extra fears but I promise it makes a world of difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->