UK midwife appt at 36/37 wks

MustBeMummy

Reaction score
Although im 37 weeks now I have my 36 week appt today as I couldnt get in with her last week and shes only there on a tuesday. All the updates I get now say that the midwife will examine u down stairs to see if anything is happening etc.
Is this something they do here. Ive now got to try n "trim up" if thats the case as ive not seen it for weeks I havent really bothered lol but if ive now gotta go flashing the midwife id better give it a go and try not to strain something haha.
Anyone had it?

They dont do anything like that in the uk. no examinations until your in labour/having sweep when your overdue.

Nope not where I am, had my 38 week appointment today and they just did normal checks, bp, urine, heartbeat etc.

As far as I know, as others have Sid we don't have internals at mw appointments. Only when in labour or having an assessment in hospital for example if you think you may be in labour xx

Do they check for "strep b" in the uk? I believe they just take a swab and do this between week 36-37?

I just had my 38 week appointment and she said she would do a sweep at my next appointment (in 2 weeks time). Hope this helps :)

As far as I know, they don't do strep b here in uk but many are campaigning to be able have it. You can find some where private and pay privately for the strep b test though. It's just not done as part of normal nhs care I don't believe.

Nope you were right eveything was the same as always checked my blood pressure which was a little raised and my feet are swollen so she said keep an eye on it and if i noticed severe sweeling especially on face to call midwife/hospital. My mum had pre eclampsia with me so i need to be aware anyway.
Had routine bloods done and heard his heart beat again which sounded a bit faster to me but she never said anything and i forgot to ask. Im measuring 40 weeks! and the midwife said she would be very surprised if i went over due and maybe be prepared for him to be early. So excited but trying not to get my hopes up just incase plus im now starting to crap myself lol

Hey mustbemummy, what part of Suffolk you from?!

Im near delightful lowestoft. I think i private messaged you actually and then never got back to you after your replied, sorry im so forgetfull and the last few weeks ive been awful! Surprised i remember my own name sometimes.

We must both have memories like sieves at the mo!
Glad your app went well.

Depends where in the UK you are about strep B. Down south where I am they send off your urine sample at booking to see if you carry it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->