UK Midwife Q.

cathgibbs

TTC#1 after 5 losses
Reaction score
Im currently 5w after 3 losses - as soon as I have found out before that I was PG I would make an apt with my GP straight away and inform the MW etc but then ould always mc before the booking in apt so would get the MW calling me with a date for the apt etc. This time I havent gone to my GP and i have self referred for an early scan next Fri which would make me 6W1d, after that could I ring the MW (i have her mobile number) and tell her I need to make a booking apt or would I need to go through my GP etc? I am 99% sure she told me after my last loss not to go to the GP just to give her a call and she will book me in?

Depends entirely on the area. We self refer where I live now, but where I used to live GP had to refer you.

Well I assume its self refer for her to say that I can just ring her BUT she rung me the day I mc so who knows what she said lol xxx

I think my GP has referred me, gah last time I was seen at 9weeks4days so im expecting it to take a while this time also x

I always have to see the gp first then mw at 8 weeks xx

Nearly all midwife teams you can ring up and they will book you in it's very rare they will tell you too go through gp xxx

That happened to me when i had my early miscarriage the midwife rang me the day it started, this time i didnt ring til i was 9 weeks had lots going on in my personal life and now i dont get my scan til i am 13 weeks i wish i did it earlier now, anyway i would just ring her direct i rang mine direct x

Thank you ladies :-D Ill give her a ring after the scan if all is ok :-D xxx

I have to see the midwife at my GP and then she'll refer me to the group of midwives for my area :)

Mine I just call, where r u having early scan from?

I just booked an appointment with the MW who is based at my GP surgery. I have already had my booking in appointment and not seen my GP at all. Whenever I see the MW, I think we just agree my next appointment before I leave.

X

im having an early scan due to precious ectopic and 2 miscarriages at my local EPAU - if you have had an ectopic its standard that they have to scan you at 6 weeks x

my GP never refered me, I phoned up myself:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->