UK Mummies what outer layer is your baby coming home in?

pinkstarbinks

Reaction score
Hey please describe the outer layer as I'm not sure whether I'm being unrealistic with my current plan - a breathable but padded hooded jacket, over a vest & Sleepsuit with a blanket (and hat if need be) we brought the other 2 home in snowsuits but I'm not wanting to buy snow suits this time due to ds3 having a snug bassinet, jackets & a zillion blankets to keep him warm once home. But for the car seat & 30 minute journey home being so tiny & new I feel a bit guilty not getting a snowsuit so may change it based on the general consensus from here :flower:

I thought they advised not to pad babies out in carseats because it stops the straps holding them in properly?? So much conflicting advice out there. I will be just doing body suit, sleep suit or outfit with jacket and blanket, get oh to go and heat the car up to a.comfortable temperature before u take the baby down x

I've just got a vest, sleep suit, hat and a thin snowsuit, plus blankets galore. X

I'll have baby in a vest then a sleep suit. With a coat on then a blanket over her legs. I've got a hat and gloves set to it's really cold.

Babies shouldn't wear coats/snowsuits in car seats anyway as if there were an accident, the padded material can compress, making the straps way too loose so the baby can be ejected. They should wear non-padded clothes with a blanket over them outside the straps if needed.

I will be wearing the baby to the car in our stretchy wrap (not lugging the far seat around unnecessarily!) so she will be on her going home outfit and wrapped up In my coat. We'll put a blanket over her in the car. We have several snowsuits (all hand me downs) but since we exclusively baby wear, I suspect we'll hardly use them.

Vest, sleepsuit and a hooded cardigan plus blankets. I think its safer in the car if they arent too padded, makes the straps fit better. Blankets are good as you can load more on or take some off easily.

Vest, sleep suit and a thin fleecy snowsuit. Also got hat and mittens packed too.

Long sleeved vest, onesie, and a hooded warm cardigan with a nice snug blanket. Oh he will be wearing a hat as well :)

I think there are 2 important issues here.
1. They should not wear thick, padded or fluffy snowsuits and jackets as they can compromise the safety of the car seat in a accident. They can also lead to overheating.
2. Babies lose a lot of body heat through their heads and should wear a hat.

We will hopefully not have to go anywhere, however first few journeys out will be thin layers, cotton vest and outfit and wool cardigans. I don't do fleece - ds used to overheat and sweat terribly as it isn't breathable.
We will probably get a sheepskin foot muff for the car seat but blankets are great as they can be layered appropriately.
We always try and warm the car first anyway so it's just the short journey from house to car.
Xx

Baby will be in a vest, sleepsuit, a thin jacket, hat & mittens with a blanket over the top x

Vest, sleepsuit, mittens and hat. Covered by fleece blanket. I have packed his polarfleece if required as it's not padded. The car will be warm :)

vest, tshirt, dungarees, mits, hat and a thin jacket (its more like a little cardigin) and then the carseat cover or carset footmuff x

Thanks ladies, will go for the hat, keep jackets light & make good use of blankets x

we will go with a nice thick jacket and hat ad blanket, it will be warm in the car anyway :o)

Vest, hat, mits, outfit (top and bottoms or dungarees) blanket then footmuff for car seat.

I didn't know about the snowsuits? Dd always wore a snowsuit or coat in the car seat. So with this baby guess I've learned something new! Thanks ladies X

I was just planning on a vest, sleepsuit (with fold over cuffs/mittens), knitted hat, lined hooded cardigan and blanket. I'm a bit unsure of myself though as my other two are summer babies.

Will do what someone else said and said DH out to warm car first, ha ha last time he had to go and cool the car down with the air con first. It will be very strange bringing home a winter baby!

We're just going with a vest, sleepsuit, hat and blanket. Maybe a cardigan if it's really cold out (likely). It's only a short walk to the car park, not enough time for him to freeze ;) X

I imagine it's going to be quite chilly so I'm planning on a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan, hat and blanket.
Glad someone said about wearing a snowsuit in the car seat as I wouldn't have known!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->