UK mums NHS scans

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
Hey hey

so... every pregnancy ive been given 12 week scans, yeah, normal, right?

I just got hospital booking letter, ive an appointment booking on monday 8th! i told the doctor id miscarried on 28th Oct, BFP 13 Nov, and ive a booking app next week?! ill be like 6 weeks from conception/ 8 weeks adding in the LMP ( that wasnt there because i was pregnant 4 weeks before bfp? ) isnt this like reallllly early?

Maybe doctor aint heard me right? though she had to i gave her all the dates and nitty gritty details, my OH prob wont be able to get off work as hes booked off a week at xmas using last of his holidays for this year..

im panicing.. and i dont know why :cry:

I had a mc the month before I conceived my son so I didn't know my dates exactly as my LMP was a mc. So I was bought in for a scan at 9 weeks to determine my dates. Then had normal one at 12 weeks xx

Maybe they've referred you for an early scan because you've become pregnant again without having AF to see where you are? I had a mc end of Oct and got BFP again early this week. I've got booking in in 2 weeks and I'm hoping they send me for an early scan to see where I am.

my dates are 2nd sep lmp - 23rd- 28th oct Miscarriage start to finish - 30 Oct Done the deed - 13 Nov BFP again

between 23th -13th pregnancy tests went to stark white

i think im worried as this makes it real and when its real it could go wrong again and theres no reason to believe that as everything is as it should be atm but holy smokes batman that was unexpected!

Id asked my OH for an early scan at £99 private for christmas, we where suppost to book it tomorrow haha

I read it and auto went to - they gonna think im made up dates to get a scan and they are gonna tell me off lol never thought it would be due to mc + no af, that makes sense :) wee nerves are bad !

I have a booking appointment with the midwife next Wednesday, not a scan, but I still think it's early as I think I'll be around 5+6. I didn't think you got a booking appointment until 8w!

Are you sure it's for a scan and not just a booking in appointment with the midwife? We have those in the Borders at 8-10 weeks then scan at 12 weeks.

Having said that, I had an eight week scan too because of previous losses - but you had to have 3 to qualify in my area.

With my 2 kids ive been called up for booking appointment at 12 weeks, get bloods taken and scan done to date it, then at 20 weeks for growth scan ( think it was 20 weeks) this was my 2nd miscarriage, but its been Baby then MC then Baby then MC then this pregnancy so am starting to think the doctor has put down my LMP as 2nd Sep and maybe they think ive just bleed and its the samee pregnancy so they want me up, ( i didnt go to doctors at all with previous pregnancy, i waited a week after AF was missed to test got a positive, i usually have a 5 week cycle so tested on 6th week, few days later started to bleed and miscarried, took it on the chin and carried on ) so maybe they think i was wrong? I know im not wrong, but maybe they wanna be sure?

or maybe the doc's written it down wonkey and they went with LMP without thinking about the MC?

suppose its a wait and see kinda thing, really confused about it!

I had my booking in appointment at 8 weeks and I have my scan tomorrow at 12 weeks. With my son I had an 8 week scan because I had miscarried the previous cycle and the doctor offered it to me. For all the scans the dad is allowed time off work paid not holiday

I have my booking in appointment in a couple of weeks when I'll be 8 weeks. Last pregnancy I was just over 6 weeks when I was seen. Scans they don't tend to do early unless you have had more then 3 losses or you are having problems. The midwife will probably book your 12 week scan in when you see her (or at least that's how they do it here) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->