UK present?

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
I live in the USA and have a friend in the UK. I did her a huge favor the other day and she wants to repay me by sending me a little present.

Not sure what to ask for? What inexpensive and mailable thing can you get in the UK that I can't get over here?

sweets or chocolate that you like but cant get there? x

Cadbury's/Galaxy/Thorntons Chocolate!!.... I've heard the choc in the US is rubbish (sorry!) x

Cadburys just isnt the same over there! So that might be a good one. And Galaxy is Dove and its pretty much the same.

Maybe something thats limited edition to the UK that you can keep rather than something that you eat and its gone. Like a charm for a bracelet if you do that kind of thing. Or an item of clothing. Or just a bottle of salad cream! I mailed one to the US a couple of times. Salad cream was £1 and postage was £8!! :o

Good ideas guys! I'll maybe ask for a cadbury's. Although, Tom's Mummy, we do have great chocolate over here!!! I'm a chocolate snob lol, I should know :winkwink:

Don't do charms, and can't really think of clothes I wouldn't be able to just order online myself.....

What's salad cream?

Salad cream :sick:

And candy in the USA rocks waaaaaaaaaaaay more than the UK :winkwink:

Let's see.....there are some great WAHMs that make some neat blankets and stuff in the UK. Maybe that?

I agree with proper British chocolate. I spent 3 weeks in America and started to get withdrawal symptoms. You can't get a decent chocolate over there for love nor money!

Hmmm, I do like mayonnaise, lol.

What chocolate do you recommend?

What's pg tips?

Hmmm, I do like mayonnaise, lol.

What chocolate do you recommend?

What's pg tips?

Id recommend twirls, flakes, aero or thorntons or something like that. Just things ive never seen there.

Dont take this the wrong way but its like an alien, what pg tips haha, I think its fab!

I love American crisps mmmmm

When my friend moved to Texas, I used to send her the Colmans and Schwartz casserole mixes! :haha:

Twinings Tea, Cadburys Chocolate, English muffins, Cornish clotted cream and Jam (like propper Jam not jelly!) ooh just a Marks n spenser hamper...mmm yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->