Uk the name Harvey

cooch

Mummy to one gorgeous boy
Reaction score
I loved the name. Now I've been put off it.

My mum keeps reminding me of Jordan! I lived it before she used it years ago, then I went off it. Then dh and I decided we quite like it.

Now I'm off it again. Does it automatically remind you of Jordan!

It's not the first thing I think of, but by me it's seen as a 'chavvy' name xx

No because one of my friends has a Harvey.

I disagree with pp. I think Harley is a little bit Chavvy where I live but don't think Harvey is at all. Also think it suits all ages.

it wasnt my first though... I first thought preppy american name then I though of the furniture store

There are quite a few 'chavvy' families with boys called Harvey where I live. I guess it's maybe a regional thing?? I don't dislike the name but it's not a name id use. But if it's a name you like them you should use it xx

I don' automatically think of Jordan but I have to agree it is a little 'chavvy' but not massively so.

I'm in Scotland and the name is not really widely used. I'm also a primary teacher so first hand experience of what would be considered chavvy. I agree probably a regional thing.

I do think a lot of names that would have previously been considered middle class will also end up chavvy as he majority of people now have access to the internet and names hey may not have been brought up around.

I was in a school a few years ago and had previously liked the name Liam. Not particularly chavvy and more a traditional name. This school, however, had at least three 'bad boys' with the name, so I now wouldn't touch it, even though I don't think it's an obviously chavvy name.

I'm in Scotland and the name is not really widely used. I'm also a primary teacher so first hand experience of what would be considered chavvy. I agree probably a regional thing.

I do think a lot of names that would have previously been considered middle class will also end up chavvy as he majority of people now have access to the internet and names hey may not have been brought up around.

I was in a school a few years ago and had previously liked the name Liam. Not particularly chavvy and more a traditional name. This school, however, had at least three 'bad boys' with the name, so I now wouldn't touch it, even though I don't think it's an obviously chavvy name.

Im sorry but Liam has ALWAYS been a chavvy name - even before 'chavs' technically existed

im 25 and the 2 'chav' kids when I where little where BOTH called Liam and they where excessive little brats (with mothers that never seemed to bother correcting it)

I have never met or even heard of a Liam that is not a massive chav (before anyone says regional Ive lived all over England in my life and regardless of area Ive found all Liams chavvy)

Definitely a regional thing. I'm afraid both names are very chavvy where I live (and I'm in the county where the term chav actually came from).

I thought of Jordan straight away. Maybe consider it as a middle name if it is a name you really like but are worried about the association?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->