Ultrasound at 6 weeks: plz help!

gradgrrrl

Reaction score
So I got my ultrasound today. Doc said I was around 6 weeks based on the size, but based on my ovulation date and usual cycle length I think I'm actually more like 5 weeks and 3-4 days. They saw the gestational sac, yolk sac, embryo and heart rate but the heart rate was low, they said...92 bpm. They want me to take progesterone injections. Has anyone had something like this happen? I've been looking up miscarriage rates. :(

I'd be inclined to go closer to 6 weeks if you had a measurable heartbeat. Idk about the injections, but my gyn today said the healthy range is 100-180. You're not too far off from it so hoping it's just because the little heart is new and young and hasn't hit its stride yet. They have to start somewhere :hugs:

My doctor has stated to me many times that an embryo's heart sometimes doesn't even start beating until 7 weeks along, and they've seen it just start beating as late as 8 weeks in a healthy baby.

Wanted to add a friend here just told me on average the heart rate increases 10 beats a week. Also my pregnancy journal had said that when the heart first firms it only beats like 40x a minute so I cannot stress enough you are likely just early and your baby's heart is a baby heart :). It will be beating away within range very soon

Baby's heart beat starts very slowly and gradually gets faster and faster till it gets to about 180bpm, then slows to its baseline of 110-160bpm and stays that way through infancy :) so it could be that you had the ultrasound JUST as the heart started beating, I've heard of that happening x

At my first scan with dd her heart rate was 92 at 5w4d. The heart JUST started beating and takes a few days to get to baseline

Just had my scan yesterday. At 5w6d my baby's HB was 101-103bpm. I did IVF so we know exactly the moment of conception. Unless you did IVF, you can be a couple days off (forward or backwards) since you don't know exactly when sperm met egg. I wouldn't worry yet. 92bpm isn't that low, especially if you are mid-5 weeks along. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->