Ultrasound at 8 weeks...will it be abdominal or vaginal?

Eroe

Reaction score
I have a scan booked for Monday and I will be 8 weeks going from LMP but I ovulate fairly late in my cycle so might actually measure a little shy of that.

I was just wondering from your experience are 8 week scans usually abdominal or vaginal? I don't really mind either way but I just want to know what to expect.

They asked me to come with a full bladder so I think that means they plan for an abdominal?

I am just really anxious to know everything is okay (had a mc in September) and am hoping to get some good images and hear a heartbeat!! Would hate to go away with uncertainty!

Xxx

Most likely abdominal ice had scans early as 6 weeks and all abdominal xx

Mine was vaginal, which was a little uncomfortable. But if they told you to have a full bladder, I think it's safe to say it's abdominal. If I'd had a full bladder when they did the vaginal one... that would have been a mistake. :)

I had scans at 6 & 8 weeks and both were vaginal.

Good luck x

I've always had internal scans but that was at an IVF clinic. Transvaginal scans are more accurate early on but given that they've asked you to go with a full bladder, I'm guessing they'll try abdominally first. For an internal scan your bladder has to be empty x

My scan at 7w6d was vaginal

Thanks ladies and hahaha heather I was thinking the same!

I guess I will just have to see when I get there! Boo.

If they asked you to have a full bladder then they are planning to do abdominal. However, if they can't see enough they could ask you to go to the bathroom then they would do a vaginal. Can't so vaginal with a full bladder so if they asked for a full bladder count on abdominal. But they could always ask to do vaginal once they see.

usually from 8 weeks they try abdominal first and if its unclear they'll do a transvaginal. Good luck :) xx

They will probably try abdominal and then do vaginal if they can't get a clear view or get good measurements. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->