ultrasound to determine ovulation

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
Hi all.

After my miscarriage my cycles have been very irregular. I've recently had an ultrasound which showed I would ovulate within 4-5 days from that day (this was about 2 weeks ago).

Does anyone know how accurate this is? I only ask as we missed our window this month by about 3 days (if I go by the date from ultrasound). Any possibility id still have a chance to have caught it or is the ultrasound pretty accurate?

Tiggs xx

hi dear

ultrasound to detect ovulation is perfect method. you wil come to know when you going to ovulate ,follicles size and which ovary you are ovulating.

your doctor might call you to come for scan at CD10 and then every other day to check the size of follicles.if you have 31 days cycle then probably u have to go for scan on CD10,CD12,CD14,CD16 or 17.

this is perfect method.
Hi all.

After my miscarriage my cycles have been very irregular. I've recently had an ultrasound which showed I would ovulate within 4-5 days from that day (this was about 2 weeks ago).

Does anyone know how accurate this is? I only ask as we missed our window this month by about 3 days (if I go by the date from ultrasound). Any possibility id still have a chance to have caught it or is the ultrasound pretty accurate?

Tiggs xx

Thanks for your response! Ive been spotting for 4 days now and still no sign of AF. Just wondering if they could get it wrong by 3 days or so? Ive read that they are 80% accurate but I wouldnt think by that much. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone have any insight / experiences?

Tiggs xx

Sperm can last up to 5 days so u may have still caught it :) baby dust my fingers x for u :)

An ultrasound will show you the current state of affairs, but it cannot tell you that ovulation will definitely happen or when. In the same way that you can get an LH surge/EWCM etc and still not ovulate, an ultrasound can predict that the follicles will be at the 'right' size to ovulate in a certain number of days, but it's not a guarantee.

Plus remember that the scan is measuring very tiny lengths and being off by a millimeter or two is a few days difference.

When I had a round of IVF a few years back I had an appointment where they told me I'd ovulate within a few days: it took a week for my OPKs to go positive and my surge to start. Every woman is different and the scans/predictions are based on averages.

Thanku britgirl!! This was the response I was hoping for :) can only hope she was off by a few days and we still could have caught it! Day 5 of spotting and still no AF! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->