um, help?!?!

Cvining

Reaction score
ok. so i think i have been having pretty regular contractions/tightenings for the past hour or so... i have been in bed so i havent timed them, but they arent comfortable...

i have no increase in vaginal discharge nor color changes. there has been no "rush" of fluids. The baby is still moving around.

are they just braxton hicks? or maybe somthing more?

I am just under 31 weeks. my mom gave birth to me at 32 weeks... i dont know if i should call labor and delivery or not... is it just me panicking? cause i dont want to go into labor yet!

Since your so early i would get in touch with your MW or hospital just in case...if only to ease your worries.

People do get braxton hicks early.
I had 4/5 hours of this for the 1st time last night and they we're only BH as they never got regular....and i'm nearly 39 weeks.

:hug::hug:

xxx

id definately give them a ring, put your mind at ease.

well... i have no other pain! no back pain or anything... just uncomfortable tightenings... i guess they were going on most of the day yesterday too, but the werent uncomfortable... ive done a lot of reading and by the descriptions, these could just be braxton hicks... ugggh... i wish there was just a red alarm light on my belly that would go off if something were to be abnormal...

oh, and did i mention that it is 5:51 in the morning and i have no idea what my midwifes phone number is and the clinic is closed right now...

I was getting this round about the same time as you hun.

They kept me in and gave me the steriod injections just in case as they were showing up as regular contractions on CTG and I felt nothing else apart from the tightening - it wasn't even painfull, just noticable. I too didnt have any discharge or leaking waters, no backache, nothing - I felt great!

But they did tell me that if I get more than one in 20mins then I'd have to go in again as I was so early - so try and at least time how regular they are coming and then give your L&D a ring xx

If your getting more than a couple an hour they'll want to check you over x

Ring labour ward just to be checked the earlier pre term labour is found the more likely they can giv steroids for babys lungs and pro-long the pregnancy xxx

ok well i called the midwife clinic that i go to... and she put me on hold. then she got my information, asked what was going on, then put me on hold again after she knew that there wasnt and discharge or anything. so she made me wait... then got back on the phone and said that someone from another care provider or whatever was going to call me later on today!!!

im sooooo frusterated! what if i was one of those few people who had a painless, symptomless labor and delivery!?!?! i wonder what she would tell her boss if i called and told them i gave birth at home or something and that this crazy bitch turned me away when i called... ugggh... i hate this clinic! i want to get a new provider, but im already so far along that it almost seems pointless...

awww honey! you poor thing :hugs:
are there any places you can pop into for advice? Sorry am in the UK and don't know how it works where you are...
LP
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->