ummm, kinda long but some questions??

C

chatterbox93

Just some info about me before i ask my questions, lol : i had a hospital birth with harvey, and had G&A (was too scared to have an epi. lol). i also didnt know a lot of what to do - mainly coz i was so young and didnt look into things alot. i didnt BF harvey coz i got told i was too young and it would be bad for him, so he was formula fed from sstart :growlmad:. this time around i have read a lot more and have already decided on heaps. i WILL breastfeed, co-sleep and use a wrap to carry my child... i think it is the best option for bonding with my child, and cosleeping will (i think) make it easier for BF.

so, i was thinking of having a water birth and was wondering anyone could give me some advice or tell me about their experience - especially from a young moms point of view.
also your experiences with co-sleeping, how did you do it?? - did you have a co-sleeper attached to the bed or....
and different wraps you used - those you found best, those you didnt like?

Hiya,

I can't help with the waterbirth bit (I wanted one, but went 12 days overdue so was induced :nope:) but I do cosleep, and babywear so hopefully I can help with that!

The first couple of nights home after hospital, Dexter slept in his cot right next to my bed, coming in beside me in the middle of the night. After those first nights, I decided he was better in beside me the whole night, and that's where he's slept ever since. When he was born there was a heatwave, so I didn't have to worry about the duvet being over him, or what blankets to use as he usually slept in just a nappy, or occasionally a vest too. Now he just sleeps under the duvet with me. (also I'm single parent so there's no OH to worry about in bed. Dexter gets one side and I get the other). My bed is pushed up against the wall, and I have a guard rail at the other side. We switch sides during the night as I bf, and switch sides for feeding.

As for babywearing, I used a Moby wrap at first. These are stretchy so once your baby gets older (heavier) they can sag and need re-tying after a while. They're great for newborns though and I loved mine! I now use a Mei Tai which again I can't recommend enough! You can also buy woven wraps (Storchenwiege, Didymos, Ellaroo etc.) which unlike the Moby are not stretchy, and can carry a heavier baby without sagging or needing re-tying.

Hopefully this helped a little :) Sorry you got told that about bf first time round! Who told you you couldn't bf? Thats mental... I was also told to FF when in hospital (Dexter had low blood glucose, but they tested him when I hadn't even bf him once yet, so no wonder :grr:) but thankfully have a really helpful and supportive Mum so I was able to switch to bf as soon as I was home!

Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy :)

Can't offer any advice.. Sorry but just wanted to say well done!! I am horrified that you were told you were too young to bf, and goodluck for the future!

i am so annoyed at myself for beleiving that!! this time around i will do it how i want. i am a determined woman. plus now i am single and can co-sleep with harvey. he's been grizzley that past few night so i started bringing him in bed with me (he was in a cot in my room anyway) and that seems to settle him down. i love my cudles :cloud9:. FOB didnt agree with cosleeping so would settle for sitting on couch rocking him, so as not to disturb FOB. so much easier just having him here with me. been looking at the babywearing pics and they look so nice. and really thinking about a cosleeper for LO, id be a bit worried when shes a newborn.

Hi I'm sorry I can't really help with the Co sleeping but I used a babyhawk carrier and still do today even at 24lb he's been in it today for 4 hours and it's still as comfy as it was on day one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->