Un-wanted/ Un-needed advice.. envy, hate, or plain clueless?

the_babymama

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!!
I'm pregnant with my first, and just need to vent. I am 30 yrs old, and ever since I've become pregnant I've had the strangest things occur, the main thing that really gets to me is the unwanted advice. For instance, when I first turned 29 yrs old I had a cousin of mine tell me to hurry and start trying because the risks of having a baby with defects of deformities rises, now she's on my back constantly wanting to know full details of every appointment, she wants to know exact dates, and such... she even suggested me leaving my doctor and coming to her workplace and sign on with a doctor she recommended! I also have another woman in my family telling me to try a lose weight because according to her I'm too big and will risk having a high risk pregnancy.. I'm 5 months pregnant and my doctor has never mentioned any of this to me. And finally last night ON MOTHER'S DAY of all things, I visited with another cousin of mine that I haven't seen in years, and she literally followed me around telling me all these stories of a woman who she supposedly personally knows that had a baby with CMV, my response was well my doctor has done all the screenings on time, everything looks good. She continues on to say doctor's don't check for this unless requested, and it will lead to horrible birth defects, blindness, and hearing loss, just all these horrible things!! It really irritated me! This isn't the first woman that has approached me with comments like this. And to be honest, it really gets to me, it lingers on my mind all the time and drives me nuts and I go through hours of research online and can hardly wait for my next Dr.s visit to go over this with him. My question is, has this happened to many of you? And does it usually come from people who should be close to you? I finally got so ticked off after last night and just stopped the conversation with a "Thanks for your concern, but I'm kind of busy" and walked off mid conversation. I then thought, maybe I'm hormonal and just being bitchy, but then again THEY AREN'T DOCTORS!!!!!

I'd tell them to be quiet. You will get so much advice from so many people (family and non family) that it will make you crazy. You know what is going on with you and your baby. As for a recommendation to another doctor .... I would just look at her, smile and say you will stick with your doctor so thanks but no thanks. That would all drive me crazy. I didn't have family saying much to me when I was pregnant because they live over 1000 miles away but I actually had a professor trying to give me advice and telling me things. Mind you this professor is a NUN! So she has no idea what it's like to be pregnant and have kids. Drive me crazy and I (in a very nice round about way) told her to shush many times! She also told me that because I had GD that my baby would be huge and be in 3 month clothes right away.... Louise was born at 7lbs 9.8oz and is 2w1d today and still in newborn clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->